Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #41
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclocklin View Post
Sorry should have told you more. The TV is a 55 inch Jensen in a Cedar Creek 36CK2
I have the 2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS. I don't have HDMI ARC as one of the settings on my stereo. To get TV through stereo speakers, I set stereo to REAR AUDIO.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
I have the 2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS. I don't have HDMI ARC as one of the settings on my stereo. To get TV through stereo speakers, I set stereo to REAR AUDIO.
Thanks I will try that. Another question you might be help me with. Does your TV pull out so you can access the back. Mine only comes out a little and it makes it hard to get to anything.
jmcclocklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:36 PM   #43

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Does your TV have 2 HDMI ports? I can only see one on mine and I need it for my dish
That was a good question. I had to go look. My TV has 3 HDMI ports. If looking at the TV from the rear, one HDMI port is on the right-hand side next to several RCA ports. There are 2 more HDMI ports on the lower right-hand side that come in from the bottom. My TV audio out (to the stereo) is on one port. The DVD input from the Stereo DVD is on a second HDMI port and the third is open. I do not have Dish.

My TV/Stereo function just as BandJCarm described below:

Quote:
I rarely listen to my Jensen tv without turning on the HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) on radio/stereo. The Jensen has a good picture, but sorry sound. I had to turn the bass speaker (behind the tv) way down, cause it was blasting the whole world. But now I can hear the tv. I don't even have to turn off tv sound......it just 'goes away' as soon as I use the stereo remote to turn on the stereo and set it to HDMI ARC. Heck, the DirecTV remote still works the sound, either way. So all I have to do is turn it on and off with the stereo remote.
DG N. AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG N. AL View Post
That was a good question. I had to go look. My TV has 3 HDMI ports. If looking at the TV from the rear, one HDMI port is on the right-hand side next to several RCA ports. There are 2 more HDMI ports on the lower right-hand side that come in from the bottom. My TV audio out (to the stereo) is on one port. The DVD input from the Stereo DVD is on a second HDMI port and the third is open. I do not have Dish.

My TV/Stereo function just as BandJCarm described below:
Thanks that is a great help. Last question is how far out can you pull your TV out. Mine only comes outna few inches and is very difficult to get behind to plug things in etc.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I think you need to look where he was towing. This is high altitude, mountainous trip. Not the Smokey Mountains.

I get about 11 mpg but that is east coast towing. I will be making a similar trip as Gsykora next month and am interested in my mpg...

Spock, what do you get now?

I came back from Fort Wilderness to North Carolina pulling our Cedar Creek 32RL and I got 12.4mpg pulling 68mph. My 2012 Silverado 3500 has been deleted. Normally pulling in the mountains I get better fuel mileage. I usually run about 65 pulling in the mountains, I guess that’s due to coasting down all the hills. I helped a friend tow his camper back to North Carolina from Quartzsite AZ with his Ford dually and I was dumbfounded at the low fuel mileage he got.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:31 PM   #46
Global Nomad

Quote:
Thanks I will try that. Another question you might be help me with. Does your TV pull out so you can access the back. Mine only comes out a little and it makes it hard to get to anything.
In my model of the Cedar Creek, the TV recesses into the cabinet behind the stereo, so you don't see the TV. When it is raised, you can reach behind (barley) to access ports. It is very difficult.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #47

Quote:
Last question is how far out can you pull your TV out. Mine only comes outna few inches and is very difficult to get behind to plug things in etc.
Mine only comes out a few inches also. Yes, it is difficult to see the plugs and difficult to connect some of them. There are 2 "chains" at the bottom that release the bottom of the TV from the mount. You release them and pull the bottom out. Then lift the TV up and you can remove it from the mount completely. The TV is not heavy at all. I moved mine outside a couple of times last fall to watch college football. My coach does not have an outside TV. But, I will warn you. It is much harder to put the TV back on the mount. You can't see to line the mount points up and you can't get the mount to stay out while you are trying to remount the TV. One person can easily remove the TV, but it just about requires 2 to put it back. (Or I don't know the proper way to remount it. )
DG N. AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG N. AL View Post
We have a 2018 36CK2 with the 55" Jenson TV. To listen to the TV over the stereo speakers set the stereo to HDMI ARC. Make sure the TV is connected to the stereo with an HDMI cable. You do not have to turn the TV speakers off. Just turn on the stereo and set to HDMI ARC.
This site rocks...thanks for your help put stereo on HDMI ARC and it worked great ! I now you big time because I thought I would be spending $$ on a sound bar...Thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 12:35 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Currie View Post
You will really like how the 5th pulls and handles. I'm doing a series of videos on a number of modifications we did to our 5th if your at all interested let me know I'll send you some links. We are heading out on our first trip this upcoming weekend
We are getting close to leaving for our trip to Penticton BC. Just wondering what kind of fuel economy I can expect. I figure I my 5er will way about 14,200 lbs. My tow vehicle is a 1 ton duramax.
Thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 04:16 AM   #50
Global Nomad

Quote:
We are getting close to leaving for our trip to Penticton BC. Just wondering what kind of fuel economy I can expect. I figure I my 5er will way about 14,200 lbs. My tow vehicle is a 1 ton duramax.
Thanks
My RV weights 16,000 lbs. RAM 1 ton dually, diesel:

18 MPG not towing

10 MPG towing

Old 06-24-2019, 05:13 AM   #51

Ram diesel and a Cedar Creek 34RE. About #14,000.

Mileage not towing is 13 to 25 depending on speed. 21 mpg at 70.

Towing we are at 11.1 at 7,000 miles last summer.

Interesting thing is def usage is 2000 mile per gallon not towing. About 200 miles per gallon towing. That surprised me.

Also a surprise is the diversity of food at truck stops. Indian food? Mexican! Barbecue. We often get some and hit the next rest stop. Family picnic.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:08 PM   #52

Tow vehicle is a 2015 Ford F350 dually and trailer is a Cedar Creek 36CK2. I get about 17-19MPG when empty and around 10-11MPG when towing. Trailer is about 14,000lbs.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek