Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
...When you visit Old Faithful, take the time to walk into the lobby of the Inn and look up to the Crow's Nest. The Inn is almost as interesting as the natural features of the park...
And the restaurant was pretty good for a park venue.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #22

A little problem, my frige will not freeze in electric mode, frige works just fine on LP but when I shut off the gas the frige will not freeze. I keep my camper plugged into 30amp all the time at home, one of my LP tanks ran out of gas to soon and thats what made me check the frige. I called CW and was told that the electric element was bad so I will take camper in tomorrow, brand new camper but I guess some things just happen. The light inside the frige works but frige will not get cold, freezer or bottom. Oh well take camper there and when FR says its okay I will take camper back and get it fixed
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
A little problem, my frige will not freeze in electric mode, frige works just fine on LP but when I shut off the gas the frige will not freeze. I keep my camper plugged into 30amp all the time at home, one of my LP tanks ran out of gas to soon and thats what made me check the frige. I called CW and was told that the electric element was bad so I will take camper in tomorrow, brand new camper but I guess some things just happen. The light inside the frige works but frige will not get cold, freezer or bottom. Oh well take camper there and when FR says its okay I will take camper back and get it fixed
Man, I hope this is the last of your problems. I know you went through a lot with the Wildcat. BTW, when you switched the fridge over to electric did you remember to switch the AUTO/GAS mode back to AUTO?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
When we order our CC, we're getting the cord reel. Why? Because it'll be a 50 amp cord, thicker and heavier than our 30 amp. We're also putting in the residential fridge. DW wants the conv micro. So far as the exterior goes, we're going with the custom paint because the clear coat goes over the decals too. Look into the re-bond carpet pad.
Alan I have said this to you before, spend your money on the 6 pt. leveling system. I have seen how level you got your current tag along......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #25

I have a on and off switch and a switch that is supoused to change from gas to electric, somehow it does not change to just electric. When I change the switch it does not go to just electric. The manual says the frige light will in electric just stay on. The switch is auto and LP, when in auto frige will find the best way but all it is finding is LP. Manual says you can cut off the LP light and just be in auto but my frige does not do that
Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #26

Well that just sucks spock. I sure hope once the fridge problem is taken care of you have clear roads after that.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #27

I took CC to CW and found out why frige would not work in electric, the frige was hooked up to the breaker on the fireplace. The fireplace breaker has to be on for the frige to work in electric.I guess Forest River ran out of places to put a breaker at. Forest River teaches me something new all the time. That was 18 bucks for CW to tell me that plus fuel. I found out when I brought camper that my Dish works thur the bedroom hookup out side. But I needed some help with the thermostat and everything is working and counting the days down for Yellowstone. I found out something about the battary cutoff switch, I am good to go
Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #28

At least it was a quick fix as opposed to the dealer telling you they would have to keep the trailer for a week. Have a great and safe trip to Yellowstone. Don't forget to drive out the South entrance and drive through Grand Teton NP. It's just a couple of miles south of Yellowstone. Grand Teton has spectacular mountain views.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #29

I had a great time in Yellowstone and Grizzly RV park is a really great park, if you get the chance do stay there. I had a problem with the bedroom slide not going out right, I took camper to Camping World today and left camper, I was told it would not take to long to fix. CW is only 50 miles away where Tom Johnson is 300 miles away where I brought the camper. I thought I was going to have bad trouble, DW saw a 36CKTS and fell in love but I think I can make the 30RL look a little like the 36CKTS. I plan to put 2 more windows in camper and move the entertainment center from the corner to the side or end. I want this camper to be the last camper, when I get to old to drag camper around I will park camper at the beach
Old 07-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #30

good news, CW told me that what was causeing my bedroom slide not to go out right was the awning topper. That was great news, I should be able to get camper back by next weekend.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #31

cutting into the trailer to install 2 new windows is something i would not let anyone do, especially CW. good luck, hope all goes well but i doubt it.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #32

whats the worst that could go wrong, anyway dryer holes are cut in camper, vents are put in, a dish on top is put in,solar panels are put on. CW says they can do it, Tom Johnson where I brought the camper says they can do it. Anyway I will have the only one like it, it will be one of a kind. I have to find the one that I think can do it the best, do the best job. CW says it will take 4 hours to run all the cables from the side to the back. I would not try it myself, like I don't do anything that has to do with electric I would kill myself.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #33

first thing that can go wrong is the aluminum structure for the side walls is not made for the add'l 2 windows, the 36 ckts has its supports made with the window frames in it yours does not. 2nd, any structural warranty you may have will be void, 3rd if CW does it it will leak. Like I said good luck with your project. as far as vents go you may have noticed the walls are marked for the cuts, did you see any markings on your walls saying " cut here for windows"
Old 07-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #34

well number one it is my camper and I like windows where I can see out, I don't want a 36CKTS, Forest River does not stand behind what they sell anyway if they did I would have kept the Wildcat. I hate to sound bad or anything but when you buy a camper its yours, Forest River will do anything to get out of fixing it just like all the rest. CW may not do the job, CW is like a lot of dealers that fix things, there are good dealers and bad ones, some just want to sell you a camper and poor service. Tom Johnson is a big dealer in North Carolina but after you go back 4 or 5 times he wants to say it is your fault. The 30RL I have what seems to be a good camper and CW is helping me out. CW brought out Hawleys Camping in North Carolina, they have been in buisness for a long time, kept the same people just changed the name
Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #35

well it is yours and as far as forest river not standing behind there products , I for one will this is my 4th forest river RV in 4 years and although they have been problematic FR stood behind there product in every case. but as you say its yours to do with as you please.