Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #101

Welcome back
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #102
LJH

trip

Well AV8,
how was that first trip? Our Ozark tour of 1600 miles went w/o issues, nothing broke, or fell off. This was the first longer trip w/ our RLSA, after several shorter drives. Still have to replace the black rubber seals on top of our driverside slides, but all else has been fine. Re Level up feature: heard several envy comments on the short set up time, and wishing they had this feature from my RV neighbors.
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #103

The trip overall went very well. I am still doing my shorter trips building confidence, so we only went about 70 miles away. We had a couple of medium to minor problems. The deadbolt lock decided to malfunction and wouldn't let me back in. The key wouldn't go all the way in, so I eventually had to borrow a drill and drill it out. I tried everything I could think of to open it, as I used to work for a locksmith years ago, but to no avail. We were only inconvienced for about an hour and that was mainly due to the fact that I didn't want to drill on my brand new trailer. Also had a couple of minor other things that really aren't big and I wouldn't even care about if she wasn't a little over a month old and under warranty.
The level up system is the best thing since bottled milk. I absolutely love it, set up time is so fast in comparison to my old trailer. I finally showed my wife how to do it and she laughed because she thought it was going to be a lot more to it.
As far as longer drives, we are thinking about Florida in the spring.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #104
LJH

Other than the black tank valve that decided to stick open, (after warranty expired), and the locks on both the levelup door and front storage decided to not function, no other issues have popped up. Hope that trend continues! I almost talked myself into a Big Bend Trek, over Thanksgiving week, mostly to escape the grandkid noise and crowded house, had DW's blessings but dragged my feet just long enough that she needed help w/ her realestate business. happy travels
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #105

I am hoping to make the big bend trek myself maybe next year. I am not as free as most to travel but I will go every chance I get
Old 12-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #106
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Hey Lou

I received the LED strip lights from Amazon. From the other Creek forum I learned that the warm white strip can be cut & applied to the lower wrap around so that it act like a night light & lights the step area as well. Will probably complete that mod between margaritas during my Christmas trip to McGregor & San Antonio. Hope you & your have a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. When you next get the time, travel safe my friend. Remember, coffee is always on at our place!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #107
Mod free 5er

Not on a Cedar Creek, but they work nice on a Flagstaff also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Step lights 1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	22317   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Step lights 2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	22318   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Step lights 3.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	22319   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Step lights 4.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	22320  
Old 12-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #108

We have a 2011 CC 36RE which we ordered. Overall we have been most satisfied with the unit. Couple little issues taken care of by warranty but overall we have been very satisfied. It pulls great, looks great, and we overall have been satisified. Welcome to the CC ownership.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #109

Amazon Strip Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Hey Lou

I received the LED strip lights from Amazon. From the other Creek forum I learned that the warm white strip can be cut & applied to the lower wrap around so that it act like a night light & lights the step area as well. Will probably complete that mod between margaritas during my Christmas trip to McGregor & San Antonio. Hope you & your have a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. When you next get the time, travel safe my friend. Remember, coffee is always on at our place!
Neat outside step appliction. Can you provide the particulars on the light you got and the procedures for application. Thanks, Glen
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote