Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #1

Question cedar creek 34rlsa

I am wondering does anyone have any comments on the 34rlsa. I just ordered one and is due for delivery the second half of July. I think it will be an awesome unit but I want to know what are the experiences you have had with yours?

2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Can't help with the unit, but WELCOME to the forums

2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #3

Issues with 2012 CC 34 RLSA

We've had our new CC since March. Alot of research was done prior to ordering, most reviews were positive. There are many "Happy Creekers" out there. Issues to date: Toilet leaked, inside and out, a second one was put in, we may need a third; kitchen Fantastic Fan isn't so fantastic - makes a loud clapping sound when raising and lowering; microwave had a film on the outside that I finally tried Goo Gone to remove - still doesn't look good but it's better; kitchen faucet handle kept coming off until hubby took a screwdriver to it; tiny screws used to hold laundry bag come off - can't put too much in it so we're not using it; day/night shades don't raise and lower straight, particularly the small ones. It's also hard to get used to the dark interior. Haven't towed it yet so we'll see how that goes. While it has some very nice features, right now I have a serious case of buyer's remorse. I expected more given the price. I hope you have better luck.
Not a Happy Creeker
Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenn View Post
We've had our new CC since March. Alot of research was done prior to ordering, most reviews were positive. There are many "Happy Creekers" out there. Issues to date: Toilet leaked, inside and out, a second one was put in, we may need a third; kitchen Fantastic Fan isn't so fantastic - makes a loud clapping sound when raising and lowering; microwave had a film on the outside that I finally tried Goo Gone to remove - still doesn't look good but it's better; kitchen faucet handle kept coming off until hubby took a screwdriver to it; tiny screws used to hold laundry bag come off - can't put too much in it so we're not using it; day/night shades don't raise and lower straight, particularly the small ones. It's also hard to get used to the dark interior. Haven't towed it yet so we'll see how that goes. While it has some very nice features, right now I have a serious case of buyer's remorse. I expected more given the price. I hope you have better luck.
Not a Happy Creeker
Sounds like most of this would be covered under the warranty if just bought in March. While not the same floorplan I have owned my Cedar Creek Silverback since March of 2010. I have had a couple of issue like a leaking faucet and new fridge installed but everything has been covered under the warranty. My issues have not been workmanship issues on the part of Cedar Creek but rather bad components manufactured by other companies.

I would have to say that I have been more than pleased with my Cedar Creek and the service that goes with it.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #5

We have a 2012 silverback. We had a few things go wrong but all covered by warranty. You have to remember you bought a house and a vehicle when you bought a trailer. They are a lot of work because there is a lot that can go wrong. But they are a lot of fun too!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #6

I know these issues are covered by warranty and we've been working with the dealership. We also purchased the extended warranty, probably a good thing. Unfortunately I'm comparing the CC to the Sunnybrook Titan we traded...we wanted something larger. While the Sunnybrook also had some bugs, the quality of the interior was superior to this unit. It's too bad that companies like Glendale, Sunnybrook, Carriage, etc. are no longer in business. Newmar has stopped making towables this year because it became "apparant to Newmar management that the entire RV towable market has changed considerably and become more competitive over the past several years." So, companies like Forest River and Keystone can keep cranking out units with "beautiful" interiors but, IMO, don't hold a candle to the quality of the aforementioned RVs. I had a hunch that was true, bought it anyway. I'll make the best of it. I do love the RV lifestyle!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #7

Contrary to Steffann's comments we have had zero issues with our 2005 CC except routine maintenance. Refer was DOA and was replaced before we even took delivery of the trailer. There are some things we do not like. As with any home or RV, but overall it has been one fantastic ride with it. It is much heavier than I anticipated, so we did have to move to a larger truck. But that was not the fault of the trailer. Enjoy your new trailer.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #8

Picked up our 2013 CC 34rlsa two weeks ago. It's been at a dealer for warranty repair for the last week. Five minor issues:
!) Fridge has a very loud bussing noise. Apparently Dometic went to bushing vs bearings in its motors for a short time. Getting new motor installed.
2) Cabinet doors over entertainment center hinge screws are pulling out. The repair seems to be gluing them in, we'll see how this works.
3) Hinge latch on emergency window wont close, getting replaced.
4) Wood trim on passanger side slid came loose, no big deal just reglue and staple.
5) Aprox. a 2" gap between the body panel and tghe fram on the driver side front storage area. The apparent fix is to use black foam insulation to fill the gap (not super happy with that solution but we'll see how it works out).
All in all I still think the Cedar Creek is a great value for the dollar and can
Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #9

I just found out that my unit is supposed to be completed on July 23. So thats means that I probably wont get it until August. A little disappointed because originally it was due in on the 15th.
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #10

Re 34rlsa

While we dont have that model, Our friends had A 2011 RLSA. They had A few minor problems that were handled under warranty. The big problem they had and its not model related was slideouts with their own mind. They would actually creep out on their own. Sitting still and going down the road. They were finally made A great deal to trade out of it and moved to 2012 38CKTS they are very happy with it.
Us we traded our 08 CC 36RLTS for A 2013 Cedar Creek 38 FL. Cant say enough about it! But it too was not without problems. The residential Fridge came out of its cabinet on the first trip ( not secured properly) Minor carpet flaws, misc door problems. and A cracked counter top at the sink. everything has been handled by our dealer. except the new counter top which will be replaced when we get back from our 2 week trip in July.
All units have their problems when new thats to be expected. But when you have A good dealer as we do they get handled quickly and responsibly. We have been out with it A total of 12 nites so far in A month and A half and will really shake it down next week with A long 2 week trip.

Good luck with your new unit and enjoy!!!

CAUTION behind this truck is A contagious disease!!!
Its called Camping!!!
kirk37r is offline   Reply With Quote