Old 04-05-2016, 12:38 PM   #11
We have a 2013 model. The batteries are a constant concern. I have one battery that "drinks" water and has to be filled every 2-3 weeks. Corrosion builds on the terminals on a regular basis too. Betting your problem is one of those areas. I fill batteries with a little hand-held transfer pump from Harbor Freight or Walmart. Wife pumps distilled water from jug while I guide the hose into the cells in the very tight space.

Jordyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #12
If your battery is using water that much it is being overcharged. a voltage and load test is in order

Big Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:36 PM   #13
Originally Posted by KellyT330 View Post
We have a 2014 cedar creek 36 CKTS. We got it Sept of 2013. We parked in San Antonio from October to March 31st. We have 18 cu ft residential refrigerator with 4 batteries and inverter. When I went to bring in slides the lights dimmed during the operation and they seemed sluggish. When I retracted the jacks after hooking up the level up kept saying low voltage. We were still plugged in to electrical at park. I managed to get all jacks up. When I turned on inverter it said error low voltage and kept beeping. I turned it off and decided to turn on again at first gas stop. We drove 3 days to northern Nebraska. Each stop same thing happened. But with patience and going slowly got everything to work. When we arrived in Nebraska where we will be for 13 weeks it seemed worse. I left trailer plugged into truck and truck running and was plugged into 50 amp. It took 2 attempts to get auto level up to complete. Wife was able to put out slides one at a time and waiting a few minutes between. Battery showed full inside. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be. Batteries are wired in a series. I have a volt meter I can use to check them. We full time in our 5th wheel and wife starts work here tomorrow so putting it in a shop not an option

Ray Townsend

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Roy, Help me a little with your timeline. You say you got your RV in Sept 2013, then parked it from Oct to end of March. Was that then March of 2014? What has happened since then? That was 2 years ago. Was the unit stored somewhere? You really need to get your batteries tested. Unless you are not turning on you converter or your converter is not working, everything is telling you that your batteries are low. They may be bad depending on what happened over the last 2 years.
2016 Siverback 33IK
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Super Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:59 AM   #14
Don't believe the battery test function inside the RV, especially, if you are plugged into shore power. It will always show a full charge. The state of charge of your battery bank is crucial to the operation of the hydraulics. Disconnect from shore power, operate the slides, wait about 5 minutes and measure battery voltage. Measure from the black and red connections that leave through the partition behind the batteries. Let us know your reading. I believe you will either find a bad battery or converter is the source of your trouble. Since you live in your RV, check the electrolyte level in your batteries monthly. A low electrolyte level is bad for your battery, but is also dangerous as it can cause the battery to explode.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote

cedar creek, slide, slide out