Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #1

Smile Cedar Creek 36B2 day/night shades.

Day/night shades in Cedar Creek 36B2
I think most of you have the same shades that are put in the Cedar Creek 5th wheels. They work well at least at first. Our windows are tinted so you can’t see in from the outside, so we rarely used the day shades. But the night shades went down every night and up in the morning and we live in our 5th wheel 5 months out of the year and use it on and off during the summer here in Mi.
We had two small shades replaced last year while under warranty and those two and the big ones in the dining room and living room are wore out now. The strings get all out of whack and they won’t go up or down.
We can have them re-strung or do it ourselves but we’ll just have to do it again because it’s the nature of the beast. The main reason I’m putting this in here is general info for someone who might be having the same problem. We have found a fix and want to share it.
After looking and shopping and spending a lot of time trying to make a change, we found it and I put them up today and it will take care of the fraying rope problem and block the sun if I wish and close it in at night.
We went to www.getblinds.com and ordered shades without strings and ropes. Our windows are 62 wide and 38 long. They were made to our asking and it took a week to get them at a cost of 215.65 and there was a discount (Mothers day sale) of -90.57...Total cost of these two very large shades was 125.08
They might have other discounts during the year, A very nice company to deal with and many testimonials from other buyers.
They have many colors to chose from and shipping from Ca to Mi was 00.00 We got the Espresso color that matches the rest of the curtains attached to the Valance. All I had to do was take the valance down, remove the other shades and hang the new ones that has simple hardware and easy instillation.
If you are going to the FROG rally in Goshen Indiana on Aug 13th -17th you are welcome to come see our new shades in case your needing new ones and are interested.
Hope to see you there.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #2

I've bookmarked that link and thanks for sharing it, I'm sure at some time in the future I will be needing it. Hopefully that company will still be in business then. I will be taking you up on your offer to see the new shades at the FROG rally. Thanks again.

Bob

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #3

The day/night shades are made in China, so I guess we should expect them to fail. Heck, one of ours wasn't strung correctly from day one, and I had to restring it myself.
We also found most of ours installed incorrectly, far too tight, which causes the cords to wear rapidly. No big surprise there either.
Thanks for the link!
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote