Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #1

Cedar Creek 36B4 vs Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4

Hi All,
I am new to the forum and getting ready to purchase our first fifth wheel for our young family of five. I have found a floor plan that I really like with a large children's bunk room. I am now deciding between the Cedar Creek 36B4 and the Cedar Creek Sliverback 35QB4 (the exact same floor plan). I am trying to see which is best value for the money and which features/options I really need. Any advice would be appreciated. We have shopped around locally and are looking to purchase in the U.S.A. (mid to northern states) as the cost savings would be significant on these units. Just wondering if any other Canadians have purchased a unit like this from south of the border and if so where?

Here are the features I want:
Kids Bunk room - jacknife sofa on bottom bunks
- second air-conditioner

Main area - bench dinette (we have small children)
- 4 door refrigerator (if we go with the C.C. 36B4)
- fireplace (me yes, my hubby is if this is necessary)

Main Bedroom - Upgraded Triumph Queen Mattress

Additional options- Thermapane windows
-Cenral Vac
-Outide Stereo system
- the levelling system (is it worth the$'s)

Any advice on options - good to have or not is also appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your input!

Love2Camp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #2

Silverback 35QB4

Call Michael Frazer at Cheyenne Camping Center
in Walcott, Iowa. I am driving down from
Cochrane, Alberta in a month to pick up our
Silverback 35QB4, with all the "bells and whistles",
and saving a ridiculous amount of money in the
process - it is well worth the drive! This is our
second unit from Cheyenne and we are very happy
with them!

2011 Chev Silverado 3500HD Dually Duramax Turbo Diesel - Allison Trans / PullRite 20.5K Super 5th Wheel Hitch & SuperRails / Trailair Tri-Glide Air Ride Pin Box #21,000 / Honda 3000i Handi

mdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

cheyenne rocks ! we have purchased 2 units from them in the last 7 years .
NO ONE was even close on there price !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #4

Cedar Creek 36b4 vs Cedar Creek Silverback 35qb4

Sounds like you have a good dealer to order from, we were looking at the same two models 6 months ago and ended up with the 36B4. The rig is fantastic and it seems to be put together a little better and it will hold its value better. We did not get the leveling system due to the added weight it puts on the camper but in my opionion you wont miss it.
Pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #5

We are camping in our new 36B4 for the first time this week. We love it! It has a few minor things to get worked out, but there is always little things that need attention on new units. As far as the difference in the Cedar Creek and the Silverback floor plan, the cedar creek has a bigger shower and a few more upgrades that are standard. The leveling system is awesome and very easy to use. We like how steady the RV is. Not much rocking at all. 2nd AC is very nice and keeps the unit cool... I agree with PitCrew... Cedar Creek is very well built and the resale value! Good luck with your decision.
textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #6

We went with the Silverback, mostly because of price. The difference was just too much for my budget. The Cedar Creek is a step up in luxury but from what I understand the construction is identical, except for the drop frame giving you more storage in the basement. Ours is on order, expecting it about June 1st.
Prodigy Controller

dlturner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #7

Congratulations! You'll love it! Happy Camping!
textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #8

Thanks for all the responses. We went ahead and ordered a Silverback 35QB4 from our local dealer. We were planning to order from the U.S.A. and I was in the midst of typing up my email to order it when our local dealer called us up and wanted to deal. We ended up paying about $800.00 more in the end however we have a local dealership to go to for service and such. They really must have wanted our business because when we shared the price we were quoted from the states he said "wow, that is a good price. I can't touch that". We ordered out upgraded Silverback on April 5, 2012. I am getting a little anxious as it has not arrrived yet, and we are at 10.5 weeks. We have plans to go camping on June 30 as we have friends coming up from Iowa to join us for the week. Fingers crossed it arrives very soon!
Love2Camp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Camp75 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. We went ahead and ordered a Silverback 35QB4 from our local dealer. We were planning to order from the U.S.A. and I was in the midst of typing up my email to order it when our local dealer called us up and wanted to deal. We ended up paying about $800.00 more in the end however we have a local dealership to go to for service and such. They really must have wanted our business because when we shared the price we were quoted from the states he said "wow, that is a good price. I can't touch that". We ordered out upgraded Silverback on April 5, 2012. I am getting a little anxious as it has not arrrived yet, and we are at 10.5 weeks. We have plans to go camping on June 30 as we have friends coming up from Iowa to join us for the week. Fingers crossed it arrives very soon!
Congrats, I think you'll love the 35QB4. We've had ours about a month now. Been out on one real trip so far. We did camp the day we picked it up also. We love it so far. A few small issues but nothing major. One thing I would take a close look at is the supports for the outside kitchen door. Ours came loose immediately after delivery. There is another thread about that with more detail. We still love it and are looking forward to a trip to Gatlinburg in July.

Prodigy Controller

dlturner00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
35qb4