Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #1

Cedar Creek 36b4 vs. Sandpiper 365SAQ

Ok, so I'm days away from ordering a new 5th wheel for my family and I'm stuck between two very similar models; the Cedar Creek 36B4 and the Sandpiper 365SAQ (both with outside kitchens). Now I know that these two models don't compete head-to-head, BUT they're very similar in size, layout, and amenities. I LOVE the CC, but for ~$58K for a loaded Touring Edition vs. a ~$41K for a similarly loaded 365SAQ, I'm having trouble convincing my wife that the CC's eye-catching full body paint, awesome LevelUp system, and cozy fireplace is worth the difference. PLEASE HELP ME CONVINCE HER WITH A TRUE AND COMPELLING CASE FOR THE CC 36B4!!!
bjlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #2

We Purchased a Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4 which is the same floor plan as the 36B4 this year , we had a 2006 Sandpiper 315BHT and the Cedar Creek is by far a better unit and worth the extra money in the long run . The Cedar Creek has a aluminum structured roof where the Sandpiper uses wood in the roof structure and it has a better insulation package thru out the whole unit.
Over all the CC is alot nicer than a Sandpiper and I am sure the 36B4 is a step above our 35QB4 . Hope this helps , Steve
SandKTrailers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #3

You are looking at a Cadillac vs a Hyundai IMHO. Both will get the job done. The difference is the level of amenities, fit,finish,creature comforts. You certainally do not need a $11,000 paint job nor 3 grand worth of hydraulic levelers to go camping in comfort, so eliminate those from your dream RV and what is the difference? Very few dollars for a lot more trailer with the Cedar Creek
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
Commercial Member

To really add to the confusion, check out this Crusader from Prime Time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	355BHQ.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	6766

Great price, great weight - one of their best sellers
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandKTrailers View Post
We Purchased a Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4 which is the same floor plan as the 36B4 this year , we had a 2006 Sandpiper 315BHT and the Cedar Creek is by far a better unit and worth the extra money in the long run . The Cedar Creek has a aluminum structured roof where the Sandpiper uses wood in the roof structure and it has a better insulation package thru out the whole unit.
Over all the CC is alot nicer than a Sandpiper and I am sure the 36B4 is a step above our 35QB4 . Hope this helps , Steve
Thanks for the information. What's the benefit of an aluminum roof vs a wood one?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #6

Aluminum Roof is stronger and will last longer.
SandKTrailers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #7

Just ordered the 2012 Cedar 36B4 (Cognac interior) with Touring Edition Package (Midnight Mist Full Body Paint and the LevelUp System), outside kitchen, 18 cu ft frig, 30" convection oven, Rebond Padded Carpet, Thermo Pane Windows, TrailAir hitch, Trump Queen mattress, sofa in the rear bunkhouse, black metal awning toppers, and 2" hitch receiver. Got the dealer to change the sofas in the living room and rear bunkhouse to Gunslinger leather vs. the ivory fabric. It'll take 6 weeks to build and 2 weeks to paint.

I appreciate all your comments. They allowed me to convince my wife...she's excited too!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #8

That was the right decision, by far. Much better build quality and much higher resale value down the road. A decision you will certainly not regret. Congrats and enjoy the new Creek.

I have friends that are going with the Sierra SAQ for the outside kitchen, wish they would buy the Creek as well. Other camping friends just dumped a Sierra 315 due to delamination problems, slide leak problems and a bunch of other issues, back in 2007 they were between a Silverback and the Sierra and I am sure they wish they had chosen the Silverback.
Flintstones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #9

If I may ask, where did you purchase your CC?

Thanks

Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 PSD
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD QC King Ranch
2006 Titanium 36E41MPRV Loaded
SoundMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #10

I just ordered my new Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4 from Chesaco RV in Joppa, Md. Just above Baltimore. They had several on the lot as well just not with all the options we wanted. Can't wait hope to get it in time for some Thanksgiving camping. (www.cheacorv.com)
kevcher95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcher95
I just ordered my new Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4 from Chesaco RV in Joppa, Md. Just above Baltimore. They had several on the lot as well just not with all the options we wanted. Can't wait hope to get it in time for some Thanksgiving camping. (www.cheacorv.com)
Please keep us up to date on how things go. We spent some time there going through a CC 36B4 they seem to be great to deal with.

Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 PSD
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD QC King Ranch
2006 Titanium 36E41MPRV Loaded
SoundMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq