Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #1

cedar creek 36cks too much movement

First time with lippert self leveling jacks and I sit in Florida for few months. I figured that the 6 jacks would really stabalize the unit especially with jacks in front and behind of axles....but no it has a lot of movement. And it snaps cracks and groans just sitting there looking at it, ,My past trailer I did sit on blocks on frame. Anyone have any experience sitting trailer on frame with the lippert hydraulics?
wingnut1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #2

Put a few 2X6's or 2X8's under the leveling jacks to lessen the extension for starters. Use something like the X Chocks between your tires as another addition. I went ahead and installed the Lippert rear electric stabilizers on the back of my Silverback for more support. Here's a link for the addition of anti-stiction fluid to get rid of the popping which is quite common.
http://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0295.pdf
These are RV's not stick houses ... there will always be a bit of movement because they sit on a suspension system ... springs and axles.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #3

We have the 6 point level system also. For the first few years of setup, sometimes it was rock steady, sometimes there was movement. We found we have more success when using stack'em blocks to shorten the cylinder strokes​ combined with taking more weight off the tires using manual level option. Very limited movement now.

I have seen several folks successfully using the steadyfast system with the level up system. I keep thinking about it for myself, but it is far down on the list

As for the creaking and popping, we have none. There are several threads about it. Seems like adding a hydraulic fluid additive fixes most of the noise.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #4

We added JT Strongarms front and rear and it really helped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	133002
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:33 AM   #5

Other than concrete, no surface no matter how solid it looks will compress a little when you lower jacks onto it to setup your coach. The pads on the bottom of the jacks is not large enough. Always use a sizable plastic or wooden pad on the ground to help distribute the coach load onto the surface. It always helps in stability to use raised blocks for the jack to sit on. Use common sense as to the height of these blocks placed flat and level. If only one of your jacks compresses the ground after setup the other jacks will carry more load and can cause sway. .
Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #6

The DW has always liked for the TT to feel like its on concrete. I ended up placing the orange stackable feet to get the least amount of extension. It worked very well and we have no movement. DW is satisfied with this to solve the issues.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just an FYI. After set up give the tires about an hour to cool and re-adjust the jacks. I found that helps as well.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #8

Get some motorcycle anti sticktion oil about a quart drain out some of your oil and replace . No more npise
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:27 PM   #9

thanks,all good stuff. Never heard of the hydraulic additive ,Ill ask my dealer

Ill also try some blocks under cause your right the extension is too long
wingnut1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut1955 View Post
First time with lippert self leveling jacks and I sit in Florida for few months. I figured that the 6 jacks would really stabalize the unit especially with jacks in front and behind of axles....but no it has a lot of movement. And it snaps cracks and groans just sitting there looking at it, ,My past trailer I did sit on blocks on frame. Anyone have any experience sitting trailer on frame with the lippert hydraulics?

Yes, we have the same 5th wheel. We recently cut thick wood blocks and used them under the jacks. It's much better and coincidently our fridge works great! We had lots of trouble with our fridge so I'm think it just wasn't level enough!
Jokerbgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek