Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #11

well I was very close to buying the 38rd but when I called the dealer to finalize it , he said he made a mistake with the price, it would be 4000 dollars more.... so now working with another dealer

Old 02-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #12

Sweetlou, that is exactly what happen to us. We had three dealers and had them competing against each other. One dealer was more interested in moving product and not having it sit on their lot. Keep pushing on the exact deal you want and they will come around the longer it sits on their lot.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition

Old 02-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #13

The full body paint IS pricey! I wonder though if when we retire (and assuming we upgrade to a Creek ) will the full body paint stand up better to 1/2 timing or better than would the Gel coat?

We costed the Generator and was amazed to find out RV Nation would sell us the 5.5KW one for $3,675 (MSRP $5,500) Sure it eats up your front basement but having generator backup when park power goes out or if you need to dry camp is one of those nice to have features. PLUS, we life in the south where weather can take home power out for days...I am betting you could rig up something so that the RV Generator could power the refer/freezer and maybe the A/C in the house (it IS a 5.5KW unit after all)

Any thoughts on this?

I have been told Air ride is virtually a mandatory option (unless you pull your rig with a Semi ::Grins at Dblr:
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post

I have been told Air ride is virtually a mandatory option (unless you pull your rig with a Semi ::Grins at Dblr:
Bob, you are correct about the Trail Air, but I am adding a air ride hitch to the truck and plan on not getting a Trail air on the next unit.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Bob, you are correct about the Trail Air, but I am adding a air ride hitch to the truck and plan on not getting a Trail air on the next unit.
But WHY would you need it with that BEAST of a Volvo Semi you tow your Creek with?
Old 02-19-2015, 06:42 AM   #16

Quote:
But WHY would you need it with that BEAST of a Volvo Semi you tow your Creek with?
Ok Bob get it right, it's a beast of a Kenworth and it helps smooth the ride as even with air ride everything on the truck there is still a lot of force put on the frames of a camper, plenty of power & stopping power just want the best ride I can get for the smallest of problems.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Ok Bob get it right, it's a beast of a Kenworth and it helps smooth the ride as even with air ride everything on the truck there is still a lot of force put on the frames of a camper, plenty of power & stopping power just want the best ride I can get for the smallest of problems.
OOPS Could'a sworn you had a Volvo (SOMEONE I know pulls with a Volvo at least )

I can only imagine how that is gonna tow for you! You won't even notice thse mountains when you go through NM later this year!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:37 PM   #18

Quote:
OOPS Could'a sworn you had a Volvo (SOMEONE I know pulls with a Volvo at least )

I can only imagine how that is gonna tow for you! You won't even notice thse mountains when you go through NM later this year!
Trust me Bob I was trying to get a Volvo but when this deal came up I could not pass it up.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #19

Have been looking at these on the Internet for some time. After finally touring one in person and looking at other fifth's, the wife and I are convinced this will be our next one. Have a 2008 Ford f350 but still a bit concerned about the weight. What is everyone using to pull these and looking for good or bad about thus unit? Plan to use this as a retirement traveler or permanent residence down south till we find a lake home.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #20

In addition, providing we order, the wife prefers the kitchen pantry and the smaller refrigerator instead of the larger refrigerator with no pantry. Your thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Tags
cedar creek