Old 03-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #21
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
Have been looking at these on the Internet for some time. After finally touring one in person and looking at other fifth's, the wife and I are convinced this will be our next one. Have a 2008 Ford f350 but still a bit concerned about the weight. What is everyone using to pull these and looking for good or bad about thus unit? Plan to use this as a retirement traveler or permanent residence down south till we find a lake home.

We pul our 38fl with a 2008 F350 DRW extended cab with an 8' box. It's a similar weight to the 38RD and the TV will pull it all day without you even knowing it's hooked up. We have airbags on the tv and a trai-air pin to help smooth out the bumps but towing it is absolutely no problem.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With an F350 DRW

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #22
Racerx, we have the 38rd and pull with a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab 3500 HD with Duramax. Also we have the Reese Signature Hitch. We have no issues. This is my first single wheel versus dual wheels for the past 15 years. Don't miss my dually, like the single wheel.

This is our 3rd fifth wheel. We had a Keystone Everest and moved up the the CC. We really like the floor plan and the large residential refrigerator. I like not traveling with propane on for the refrigerator. Also we find the residential refrigerator gets colder quicker. We also struggled in the summer to keep the propane refrigerators cool in the south during the day. Would be 34 in the morning and get to 37 or 38 during the day. With the residential we should not have that problem during the summer.

ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #23
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
In addition, providing we order, the wife prefers the kitchen pantry and the smaller refrigerator instead of the larger refrigerator with no pantry. Your thoughts and opinions are welcome.
Are you talking about the walk in pantry?

If so, consider this: it looks really pretty on the lot a sho-nuff residential pantry! However....

Those 1/2" lips on the shelves won't stop anything from coming off the shelves and on to the floor Even the salesman at our local dealer commented about this. If you get the pantry, pretty much everything will have to be stored in plastic crates (or the plastic drawers)

Another Mod that may work: installing flip up doors on the shelves (with locking latches).

From our POV, we would rather have the residential refer (with the additional secure storage it gives you). Besides, you would be absolutely amazed at how much STUFF you can put in the available cupboards & drawers
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #24
We have just purchased our 2014 Cedar Creek 38CK. I went to the RV dealer here in CT to check out a different floor plan, but my wife saw the 38CK and loved the center island and side by side fridge. The wide steps into the bedroom with handrails on both sides is also a plus when I get a bit older (orthopedicly speaking that is). We tow with a Ram 2500 Megacab with the turbo diesel with no problem. I opted for not getting the dually as the capacity for the 3500 was the same as the 2500 with the singles. Not to mentioned being cheaper to register. I found that MA does not recognize the combination plates on this size truck. That means that I would have to get the commercial EZ Pass instead of the ordinary one. That is a reason why I obtained my EZ pass form NY instead of MA. My truck is registered in CT where it is cheaper to register the 2500 rather than the 3500. We went to th Ram line because it was the only truck that had real size rear seats that fold flush for our dogs. The rear seats even recline a bit which is a comfort for any humans that might ride in the back seat. The back seat of this truck folds down so that you could almost put a twin size mattress in the back seat. We have done one camping trip last year in October towards Cape Cod and it felt like I was only towing our previous trailer. That trailer was much lighter about 4500 lbs. This trailer gross I think is about 16200. The only upgrade I did was a Pullrite 18k hitch for the fifth wheel. Sorry about my spelling errors, but you get my point. By the way, do you get the impression that I am a Ram Truck loyalist? I did look at the Ford King Ranch, but that truck had less room in the back seat.
CTGREG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #25
I will vouch for the opinion about the panty. I would really rather have the side by side residential fridge. Things don't fall out of that so much and I figure I could easily put some things in the fridge if I had too. I also wrap a restraint around the handles of the fridge as a precaution just in case.

CTGREG is online now   Reply With Quote

cedar creek