Old 09-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #11
Thanks for the input. I have been doing some research and have assembled a manual with pictures and steps to assist my sister in winterizing. (Water lines, water heater, dishwasher and in progress ice maker). The 40CCK does not have a water dispenser in fridge)
I found these instructions for the dishwasher;
Turn off water valve under sink. disconnect water line to dishwasher. drain water line into pan. reconnect water line.
Use sponge to retrieve water out of sump. (I think a cup of antifreeze in sump may be over kill). To de-winterize just run dry cycle to flush.

The ice maker, I do NOT want antifreeze in it. I agree withdrndrj5, Will check out link. The big issue is the solenoid freezing up. Looking for manual on how it is assembled so maybe access from the front.
Thanks for all information

jkaspar20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #12
You will not be able to access that solenoid from the front. As you are looking at the fridge from the front, ( if it is the same as the 38FL ) it is on the bottom left in the rear. If you are going to pull the fridge out, you can just unplug the electrical connection from the solenoid and make sure the water is drained out of the line. You can only use the push type ball valve ( Mur-lok RO Inline Ball Valve Push Connect - Bulk Reef Supply ) ( this is the exact one I used ) if you are changing out the solenoid, because the water line is a screw on fixture on the original. The replacement solenoids ( which I REALLY didn't want to be introduced to ) have a push on type fixture, so when I trade in the rv, I can reattach the water line.

I can also winterize the water line going to the ball valve super easily. I use the antifreeze to flush the toilet during the winter months so we can stay overnight if we want to.

Don and Michele
3 Adult Children - 2 Granddaughters
Present campsite - future homesite  4
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #13
Thanks for the feed back.
jkaspar20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #14
I used a air compressor to winterize and even disconnected the water line to the ice maker from the push valve and ran the dishwasher dry. Now just hoping it makes it through a Colorado winter.

bt_1959 is online now   Reply With Quote

cedar creek