Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #21

The oxygen ICS decreases flow. It gives a darn nice shower while using less water and that's also good for a tankless system.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Well, that's a shame........but if that device will increase water flow, and if water flow (pressure) is required to get me hot water, I'll get one.

Lots to choose from. Not sure of model to get........but will get one and try that. I'm pretty desperate on this hot water issue.
If I'm reading your post correctly you are at a very low pressure hookup? That has happened to us a couple of times. We just filled the fresh tank and used the pump. As far as the oxygenics shower head, we just bought the plain head, not the one with a bazillion settings. And I also have never seen a metal RV shower head. 10 days w/o hot water? My wife would of sold me and the trailer!!! LOL!!

If you still have problems after all the suggestions from everyone, call the tech line for your tankless manufacturer. You should not be having that problem!!! Good luck!!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsilver View Post
The oxygen ICS decreases flow. It gives a darn nice shower while using less water and that's also good for a tankless system.
X2!!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #24

Both very nice 5th wheels and on our very short list, leaning towards the Riverstone.
Hermes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
If I'm reading your post correctly you are at a very low pressure hookup? That has happened to us a couple of times. We just filled the fresh tank and used the pump. As far as the oxygenics shower head, we just bought the plain head, not the one with a bazillion settings. And I also have never seen a metal RV shower head. 10 days w/o hot water? My wife would of sold me and the trailer!!! LOL!!

If you still have problems after all the suggestions from everyone, call the tech line for your tankless manufacturer. You should not be having that problem!!! Good luck!!
Correct

But....on fwt, pump on, the dsi/flt light comes on every single time. Meaning it won't light. But back on city water, it will.

Clearly something amiss.

Goshen techs can hopefully fix things. If not I'm all for a fire and insurance fraud.

(Not seriously....lol)

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #26

Ok so we have a new River Stone on order right now( heard it is at the paint shop) and asked our factory rep about the difference in the lines, the higher end unit is the River Stone Legacy and some of the differences he pointed out to me are Walker tires on the River Stone not Good Years, not a full body paint just caps, electric brakes not electric over hydraulic disc brakes and no Bose sound system. The rest of the build should be the same but I think either will be nice and also liked the Champagne also.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #27

I have never heard of Walker tires

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Youroo and myself did a test on that shower head, it really uses more water then the standard, it was timed and measured the total volume of the output, to our surprise it used about a 1/4 more water but a stronger flow...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Youroo and myself did a test on that shower head, it really uses more water then the standard, it was timed and measured the total volume of the output, to our surprise it used about a 1/4 more water but a stronger flow...
Oxygenics put out a max of 2 gpm at 80 psi. So at rv pressures it is probably between 1 and 1.5 gpm. So savings depends on what your original shower head was. I don't doubt your test one bit but I think the stronger water stream rinses you much faster so that is where some of the savings occurs during navy showers in my opinion. We use oxygenics in the house and the rv and just love them!!
Old 07-07-2016, 03:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Oxygenics put out a max of 2 gpm at 80 psi. So at rv pressures it is probably between 1 and 1.5 gpm. So savings depends on what your original shower head was. I don't doubt your test one bit but I think the stronger water stream rinses you much faster so that is where some of the savings occurs during navy showers in my opinion. We use oxygenics in the house and the rv and just love them!!
Oh I like them to so much better then what a Rockwood comes with, we also do Navy Showers, but it still uses more water then what the original head used. So the point of saving water is broken myth, but it will increase the pressure making it easier to wash long hair. If you have long hair you have to love it, it will get that soap out fast...You do make a good point about saving water because it's a better spray, but that is not what they advertize. It's still the best shower head for an RV..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:05 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have never heard of Walker tires

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Neither have I
Old 08-05-2016, 07:25 AM   #32

Are the River Stone FW's made at the Cedar Creek factory?
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:27 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper7 View Post
Are the River Stone FW's made at the Cedar Creek factory?
No they have their own place, the old Carriage building down the road from Flaggstaff and Rockwood in Millersburg
Old 08-05-2016, 07:32 AM   #34

Ok, thanks for the reply
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:33 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Neither have I
As I understand it, the Cedar Creek line is popular in Canada and Walker tires have a very good reputation in Canada and so FR equips at least the Champagne with the Walker tires.
Hermes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #36

When I was at the CC factory a few weeks ago the only tires I saw were Westlake.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
Yep, eyeballed the tires to make sure. I was told one could order with the gas range/oven instead of the induction cooktop. That would be my choice as I use iron cookware.

Cast iron works great on an induction cooktop.
MURRAY5476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:33 AM   #38

Quote:
When I was at the CC factory a few weeks ago the only tires I saw were Westlake.
Yes that is what I saw also. It would be nice if they would offer a Goodyear upgrade, I am sure a lot of folks would use it.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:52 AM   #39

I have talked at length with CC about that, DBLR. They did carry Goodyear but the new rating system put the Goodyear's they were using below the carrying capacity of their units, so they switched. I don't think they wanted to.

That said, saying "Goodyear" isn't enough. The Marathons are pure junk. The G614's are good stuff. So it matters which one you mean.

Still.........CC (or anyone) should offer the G614's as an option. Yes, that would mean they'd have to warehouse two sets of tires........which they don't want to do. BUT.........up until recently at least, the Champagne came with G614's!! Add all that up, and it's confusing why they won't offer what the folks want.

I will say that the Westlakes that they are using are 14 ply tires, and are Chinese but not junk. I'd prefer the G614's, but at 4,000 miles mine are ok....especially after I had the axles aligned. I do think that secretly I wish they'd wear out (quietly!!) and I would 'have to' go get G614's, though! I keep worrying that even those will soon be shipped overseas.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:00 AM   #40

Our 2010 Cedar Creek came with the Goodyear tires and at the 5 year mark I replaced with the same, why CC says they derated the tires I am not sure because my friend who is a Goodyear rep tells me that they were not. Anyway if we kept the Creek we would have stayed with Goodyear but our new River Stone comes equipped with the H rated Goodyear, guess I should start a savings fund for when I will need to replace them

Tags
cedar creek