Old 06-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #1

Cedar Creek Champaign & Riverstone

The DW and I went to Jeff Couch RV while in the Cincinnati area this weekend to see the Champaign. It's the "top of the line" for Cedar Creek. Very nice, however the new Riverstone is another leap up. It was designed to compete with DRV Mobile Suites. We were told the Riverstone model will be renamed the "Legacy". The "new" Riverstone will fit a niche between the Champaign and the Legacy. In addition, all new CC coming out will have new paint designs and interiors. Cedar Creek appears to be on the move....

Old 06-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #2

Nice, but waayyyy out of my price range.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #3

Mine too but I like to look and should I win the Powerball

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #4

Quoted price on the Riverstone is $90,853. A whole new level for FR. When this model becomes the Legacy the new Riverstone will be $10-$12k less. Quoted price on the nww Champaign, loaded, was $62k.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #5

Well, not sure what is better for that price...........

if it still has the tankless hot water system, it's a downgrade!!!!! Pretty paint is not worth much money (IMHO).

8K axles, and G611 17.5" tires would help. And a real hot water heater. Paint it pink for all I care, if it has that, I'd buy it.

Just looked a few pics.

It has the same design as my 36CKTS it seems. I'm trying to find substantial differences (in the pictures) and can't. Two big a/c units rather than one big and one medium. Another 'tankless hot water heater' which if I was buying today knowing what I know today, I'd make them replace with a hot water tank. Same refrigerator I have (great reefer). Same microwave. Little bigger TV. Same Lazy Boy furniture (pardon me, but have this in camper and at home (a gift) and I think Lazy Boy makes sucky stuff.......Built in surge guard, but that's not what you need, you need an EMS. Wider body. Bigger propane tanks.

Don't see $30K worth of upgrades.

Just my nine cents.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #6

Me too, I'll keep what I have for a while longer. Some people like the tankless hot water heater and I plan to install one in my home but I don't like them in campers. I also would like to be able to option in the Goodyear tires. Cedar Creek wants me to trade up then they will have to do a little more. The Lazy-Z-Boy, I have never liked, made in China. A fancy paint job does nothing for me.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:29 AM   #7

It does have the tankless hiot water. I have not had one at home or in an RV. What is the drawback? I did check the tires and they are Goodyear. All walls, including slides are 3 1/4" thick. Shows up in the "dry" weght coming in around 15,800lbs, thus the disc brakes. If i were pulling the trigger I lean more toward the Champaign.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #8

In a tankless hot water heater the pressure has to be the same for it to work right. In a RV I think that's the problem, anyway I like the LP/electric. Are you sure about the tires? From what I have seen on the website they are not Goodyears

Old 06-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #9

The induction range is another thing I don't like. The tires says ST G rated. You buy what you like but imho it's not for me

Old 06-28-2016, 08:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
In a tankless hot water heater the pressure has to be the same for it to work right. In a RV I think that's the problem, anyway I like the LP/electric. Are you sure about the tires? From what I have seen on the website they are not Goodyears

From the specs of the Riverstone:

Goodyear 17.5″ tires 215/75R 17.5 H-rated 16-ply tires.

So........Cedar Creek DOES offer those tires..........contrary to what I was told when trying to decide what to buy.........by Cedar Creek manager. The 8,000 lb axles are required. Another option I'd have gotten if I could have.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek