Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

Cedar Creek CKTS36 50amp on 30 amp

We have a beautiful seasonal site on a lake. We enjoy it very much. Today we have 29' bunkouse TT. We are considering purchasing the CKTS36 my only hesitation is the resort only has 30 amp service at the panel. There one 30 amp plug and then a regular GFI outlet (which I think is 15 amp). Does anyone have any advice or not of a device I can purchase to pull from the 30 amp and the 15 amp. Also what are the risks of doing this, I would rather not fry the electrical system in the trailer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Hensley TruControl Gold Brake Controller
scweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Most campgrounds (if not all) that do not provide a 50 amp socket are only wired to provide 30 amps maximum to each pedestal. The CHOICE is to either use the 30 amp OR the 15 amp; not both.

If this is the case at your campground, (and my money is on that it is), you will need to either move to a 50 amp site at the campground or live without the additional air conditioner and anything else on the "other" 110VAC leg.

You may ALSO need to restrict your simultaneous usage of things on the primary leg as well since there will only be 30 amps there instead of 50 amps.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #3

most state parks in florida only have 30 amp and I was able to use everything but the 2nd a/c in my 36 RE
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Given you geographic location, if you camp the UP you should be fine but will only have the benefit of one AC. The 15K BTU should do fine. We will spend about 35 days in Oct-Nov in NC, SC, & FL and probably never use the #2 air, but at home here in TX a 2nd AC is a must in just about any trailer. I have the 36CKTS & love it. I've powered it on 30 Amp circuits a couple of times without problems. Remember, don't cut corners, be sure to use a quality adapter. Good luck, if I can provide information on the 36CKTS shoot me a PM.