Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #1

Cedar Creek Construction Process -

I am new to this forum as I just purchased my 2004 Cedar Creek last summer, so I have owned it for a year now and so far so good. I was at a dealer kicking tires and he told me that the Cedar Creek was the Cadillac of trailers that it was built much better than the others. I then ran across this great new video on YouTube about the Cedar Creek Construction Process. What I would like to know is, "were they doing this same great construction process back in 2004 when my unit was built"? I would appreciate any insight on how my unit is constructed, I own the 30 foot rear door model with only two slide outs.

Thanks,

Michael
carverboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

Welcome to the forum Michael. I can't officially answer the question, but if my memory serves me right, they were the same in 2004. Aluminum frame, hung wall. We owned Mobile Scouts at the time, which were built like that. The dealers that sold Cedar Creeks, always said, they are built like the Mobile Scouts.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #3

Not sure if their built the same, but we went on the cedar creek tour at the Goshen rally, and the lady told us that lowest man on the seniority list had 16 years, sounds like they like what their doin.
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #4

I can only speak of my own operations......but compared to toy haulers, pop-ups, tongue pull, basic camp models and so on that we have owned over the years.....Our 2014 Silverback is a cadillac....everything is more solid and better insulated, the suspension, tires, slides....

you can go to rvweb.com and they have a good list of older RVs and what their standard features and options were for their time...I used it a couple of times to compare new and used prices, when we were shopping...we did spent quit a bit of time shopping...their list on some models did describe the frame, insulation and other construction fairly good....you could check it out...

I did learn when reading up during all the shopping the cedar creek series didnt start till 1999(so they had 5 years of practice before getting to yours) lol...just a little forest river trivia.....Don't ask I research everything...I like having a much info as possible when buying...

I know that when we were shopping, we looked at a couple of older cedar creeks(and about a hundred other styles and brands) - the 2005 had a lot of the same frame and options as our does know...the only difference is that they upgraded the systems..ex. the hydraulic rack and pinion system has had some upgrades...the suspension is now the dexter dampening, not shocks.... it had easy lube axles....it had a solid oak counter top/ours now is made out of same stuff our counter in house is which isnt cheap...and many other items that ours has now just an older style...

so in the end I would guess the 2004 was the same....

Outlawadventurer
2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 6.7L
2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
OutlawAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #5

We have a 2002 36RLTS and have not had any major issues. My biggest concern is roof life and I inspect it regularly. Have added sealant to a few spots but no leaks to date. I did not think much of the original tires. Had a tread separate and do some damage.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek