Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #1

Cedar creek cottage

My one having any issues with slide outs on cedar creek cottage CCK models?
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #2

Sorry, anyone having issues with slide outs on CCK models?
Old 10-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #3

Had to get our kitchen slide adjusted once on ours, other than the one thing they've been great.

Any reason for asking...?

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #4

My kitchen slide failed. I broke supports and bent the bracket that connects to the control arm.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #5

Check out the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3762091013.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	41571   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-297525542.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	41572  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Ray B, You definitely have a bent bracket which indicates that the slide jammed or was blocked on that end. That is a Lippert component and they have online manuals for that. You can start here: http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option...=373&Itemid=65 As for the broken supports, they have nothing to do with your slide or mechanism. They are Cedar Creeks idea of a stiffener for the lower skirt. Inadequate and flimsy are an understatement. I had 2 break and one half way there after our first long highway trip. You could see the skirts flapping in the wind going down the road. I asked the dealer about it and he did the Tao of Lurch and suggested that I make my own mounting brackets out of a much heavier material and use more screws. So I cannibalized some old brackets from blinds and replaced all of those wimpy mounts. The tubes are fine for their purpose. Also, your slide will have to be readjusted after the impediment problem is solved and the bracket straightened. This is not that difficult however the slide probably tilts the scale at 1/2 ton so it's nothing to fool with if your not properly equipped. IMHO, the dealer needs to fix this for you.

Edit: After looking at the pic a bit closer, I appears that the bracket is pretty straight. It's the mount for the bracket that's bent.
I believe that mount is a welded part of the slide frame. Ruh Row!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #7

Duck, thanks for the great reply. You are right on the money in your assessment. The dealer is going to look at it on Monday. I was winterizing unit in the rain and cold with my wife. She was inside I was in the rain and cold. Last step for the season was pull slides in. Bedroom slide came in nice, the other two did not. The door slide actually popped and shook like a son of a gun then started to close. The kitchen slide would not. I'm sure the dealer can fix it. I hope this will never happen again. Could it be that the slides are to big and heavy. Also, next summer if you're ever in Michigan, come visit us. Sunnybrook RV resort in south haven! Lots of great shops and restaurants. We'll leave the campfire burning.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Just trying to help. These forums can be informative and save you time and money.
Also thanks for the invite.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #9

Thank you.