Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #1

Cedar Creek Cottage CB2-have you seen one?

Hi, I'm another newbie! We just ordered the Cedar Creek Cottage CB2. We ordered it without seeing it. We couldn't find anybody that had one to look at. I am so nervous about not liking it. I am afraid the living room area will be too small. I know we had to sacrifice the living room to have the bunkroom, but will the living room still be comfortable? Does anybody have one or seen this model?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Former Full Timer

We don't have one but were in one at the Tampa RV show in February. The living room is almost identical to our 36CKTS
except the ceiling is flat and lower. The rest of the destination trailer is also very similar but you don't have the storage space. Since we're full timers, storage is essential. If we stayed put, the cottage and a shed would work just fine.

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Plain Old Member

I was also looking at that bunk model. Best I could find was a lot of pictures on the internet. At first I liked it, but then I noticed the lack of storage. We're considering going full time in the next few years and covering all options. Looks like the CC 36B4 is more in our line of needs. I hope you enjoy your unit. Different units work for different people and lifestyles.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #4

My husband and I bought one last year and love it. The living area is a little smaller, but is definitely workable. We only have one recliner chair instead of two. This allowed for a little more space. The sofa is an airbed sofa, but has a compartment drawer for storage, and the whole back wall in the master bedroom is storage. The kitchen area is small and there isn't a lot of counter space, but we bought are little cart with wheels to use like an island.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #5

Thanks for the response. I was beginning to think nobody had this model.We scheduled a tour of the factory for last week while they were building the model we wanted. We think we are going to love it. Just wondering, have you used the airbed? Is it comfortable and easy to use or a pain? And is the cart you use for extra counter in the way at all? I thought about using a cart, but didn't know if they was enough room. We are supposed to be getting it at the end of the month, but not holding my breath. I think I will be nervous until we actually get it and get settled into it...
Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #6

The air bed is very easy to use, our 23 year old son slept on it several times. He said its very comfortable. The back rest actually flips down and becomes the base of the air bed. The cart is 2x3 so it's not that big can be moved easily. We bought ours at Kmart.
Our big complaint was the awning. It's motorized, and no matter how hard we tightened the arms, if the slightest wind came, the awning would blow up. We always had to secure it to our deck. I'm not sure if there are other options available.
Another thing is water filter. It is located in the same compartment as the electronics for the slide out controls. It is very difficult to get the filter off because there is no room to move your hands around. You have to shut the water off and drain the water lines to relieve the pressure to unscrew it. We talked about just using the exterior filters you can buy at Walmart.
We love the trailer though. I know you will enjoy it.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #7
Full Timer

You should have got a wrench for the water filter with your trailer. It makes it a snap if not you can buy them at alot of places.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #8

We are proud owners of a CB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn12770 View Post
Hi, I'm another newbie! We just ordered the Cedar Creek Cottage CB2. We ordered it without seeing it. We couldn't find anybody that had one to look at. I am so nervous about not liking it. I am afraid the living room area will be too small. I know we had to sacrifice the living room to have the bunkroom, but will the living room still be comfortable? Does anybody have one or seen this model?
We bought a brand new 2011 CB2 a few years back. Have to tell you we absolutely love it. Got a good deal as it was ordered in and then not wanted by another couple. Here is our only qualm with it. If you want to be able to walk around the bed do not splurge for the Trump King mattress. You will be diving in from the end of the bed !!:roflblack

Keep in mind you are buying a large trailer that you are rarely moving. We are on a dry river bed which requires the use of trailers that have tanks so they are movable. When we first arrived with it a lot of neighbours thought it was a park model.

Yes the living room and kitchen are a bit smaller to make room for the bunk room but heck you are going to spend most of your time outside anyway , right ! It is fine for the rainy days and the big awning lets you sit outside and enjoy the rain anyway.

I know this thread is old but for all those considering a purchase of a used one as these are not made anymore have fun and make the jump. Cheers from the rocky mountains.