Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruemeister View Post
Hello. My wife and I just purchased a 2020 40CCK. Haven’t found a lot of sources of online information on these, but what I have found has been mostly positive. We traded our 2014 Airstream as we are giving up the traveling lifestyle. Hope to learn from you guys.
Welcome to the Cottage Family!
We do our best to help each other and also share tips and tricks!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randy’s Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #222

Sad to say, here in lower Michigan, our seasonal camp site closes mid October for the winter but happy to report another trouble free year with our 2015 CCK. We love our Creek!
cck camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #223

replacement faucet

Looking for advise to see if anyone has replaced the flimsy faucets in the shower of a Cedar Creek Cottage. I haven't even taken a shower in the new unit and parts of the handle are on the floor with cracked plastic.
beanerwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #224

where are the circuit breakers and fuses.

Just purchased a 2020 40cck and can't seem to find the breakers and fuses. They are probably right under my nose but ..... Thanks for the help.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #225
2018 Cottage CCK

Don't know if they've been moved, but ours are below the large bedroom closet behind a dark push panel. Have to get on your knees to access - not easy for old duffers like me. Also, if the washer/dryer door is opened (slid to right), you cannot access or see the panel.

Full-timers since 1999
2018 Cedar Creek Cottage: August 2017
Located: Arizona
Cottage_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #226

Oh Boy, That sounds like fun if a breaker needs resetting. I am coming out of a fifth wheel and learning where everything is for when I transport the 2020 40CCK Cottage to my lot in Florida. Any mod ideas would be appreciated.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #227

I set up my 2020 Cottage on my lot in Florida and am experiencing an eelectrical problem on the GFI circuit. When I opened the slides I get the outlet near the TV to work but the outlet near the bed is showing a problem and doesn't have power. I attached a picture of the outlet tester. The GFI outlets on the same circuit do not have any power going to them evident by not being able to reset or by testing at the back of the GFI outlet. I have power at he circuit breakers. When I pulled the slides in I now have power to the GFI outlets. Any suggestions? The nearest dealer first asked if it was bought from them and now are booked out until after February.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191205_183219820.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	220335  
Old 12-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanerwi View Post
I set up my 2020 Cottage on my lot in Florida and am experiencing an eelectrical problem on the GFI circuit. When I opened the slides I get the outlet near the TV to work but the outlet near the bed is showing a problem and doesn't have power. I attached a picture of the outlet tester. The GFI outlets on the same circuit do not have any power going to them evident by not being able to reset or by testing at the back of the GFI outlet. I have power at he circuit breakers. When I pulled the slides in I now have power to the GFI outlets. Any suggestions? The nearest dealer first asked if it was bought from them and now are booked out until after February.
Welcome to the group.
If you have any lights on your tester at all, you have voltage. I would start out by replacing the GFCI outlet or swapping it with another from elsewhere in the trailer. I have had a GFCI go bad to the point where it actually started to melt. It would trigger and reset, but the downstream outlets would not always work. It’s odd that the position of a 12v / hydraulic slide would play into it unless there is wiring underneath or inside the wall that is being compromised. On a unit as new as yours, I would get on the horn with FR and get the engineering drawings and wiring routing for your unit and start looking around.
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 12-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #229

I am sure the wire is compromised in the wall. I spoke with FR and they authorized my tech to start digging to find where the problem is. The GFI outlet is good but FR doesn't have wiring locations or diagrams. It sounds like the wiring was up to the installer the day of build and it could be anywhere.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #230

I don't want to just jump on here if there's another place, since my comment isn't specific to the thread. We just ordered a 2020 Cedar Creek Cottage. Is there a specific forum for those owners or is it just a long thread? Thanks, all!
Old 01-22-2020, 04:51 PM   #231

congratulations. This is the only list of complaints and comments I could find unless you go to a specific concern that might be across all of Forest River
Old 01-22-2020, 06:19 PM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseherd View Post
I don't want to just jump on here if there's another place, since my comment isn't specific to the thread. We just ordered a 2020 Cedar Creek Cottage. Is there a specific forum for those owners or is it just a long thread? Thanks, all!

Welcome to the group / family!
You came to the right place!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 08-21-2020, 01:26 PM   #233

We're looking to special order a 2021 Cottage 40CRS in the next couple of days.

One question I have is about the power. Is it correct the Cottage comes with two batteries? If so, what can you run off those batteries, like how long will it power the fridge? I'm going to be buying a generator that has a 50 amp outlet but would like to know what it will or will not run off the batteries.

Also, has anyone expanded the batteries by either replacing them with a higher capacity battery or adding two more batteries and wiring them together?
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:31 PM   #234

Ours is a 2014 40CFE and has only 1 battery.
All the lights (LED) in our place run off of 12v, the awning and slides run off of 12v. As far as I can think right off - that’s it. The 12v battery is kept charged by the 110v Voltage Convertor. If you are going to get a genny, there’s probably not much need for an additional 12v battery.
On the other hand, if you wire things up for Solar and have a Voltage Inverter installed, you may be able to run some of your 110v appliances off of battery.
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 08-21-2020, 03:50 PM   #235
2018 Cottage CCK

Our 2018 has only 1 battery and no inverter, so no refrigerator operation on battery. Not sure if more than 1 is offered by factory, so would need dealer install? Good luck, we love our Cottage. Randy answered you on the rest.

Full-timers since 1999
2018 Cedar Creek Cottage: August 2017
Located: Arizona
Cottage_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:08 PM   #236

2020 40cck

Nice thread.We bought our 40CCK one year ago.No issues except air conditioning .The units are working fine but the duct system is very poor.
I used short pieces of pvc tube to hold the ducts open where they were pushed down by the interior of the roof.Texas sunshine is very strong so shade tarps and a tree for shade works very well.
We are enjoying the trailer full time so far.
jjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjam View Post
Nice thread.We bought our 40CCK one year ago.No issues except air conditioning .The units are working fine but the duct system is very poor.
I used short pieces of pvc tube to hold the ducts open where they were pushed down by the interior of the roof.Texas sunshine is very strong so shade tarps and a tree for shade works very well.
We are enjoying the trailer full time so far.
Welcome to our little corner of the Forest River Forum!

I’m curious to know how you got into the ducts to brace them up...
Our Cottage is in AZ and shade is something we just don’t have.
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 08-22-2020, 11:20 PM   #238

Just ordered 2021 Cottage

Giving up traveling in our Diesel Pusher. Ordered new 2021 40CCK. Looking forward to it, probably be 6/8 weeks. Heard a lot of good things about them!!
TexBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:35 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexBob View Post
Giving up traveling in our Diesel Pusher. Ordered new 2021 40CCK. Looking forward to it, probably be 6/8 weeks. Heard a lot of good things about them!!
Welcome to the Cottage Family TexBob!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 08-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #240

To help hold the ducts open I used short lengths of pvc tube of 2'' outside dia.If you remove the air outlet grills you can work them into the duct with the tube laying so air can flow thru the tube as well as the duct.Also I removed the covers from the air conditioners and found the factory foil tape was not done well and air was escaping.All foil taping was redone with better tape.Some of the outlet grills not lined up with the duct cutouts and a little repair with a box cutter and foil tape helped a lot.As for the sun I found mesh shade tarps help a lot. Hope this helps.
jjam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, check