Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2017, 09:20 PM   #21

The RV Park we are anchored in allows the Annual Renters to put in a 120 sq ft shed as long as we submit plans for approval and follow county setback rules.
Normally people do a simple 10x10 or 10x12. I went with 16x8. 7' tall back wall and 8' tall front. I spent a month or so designing it.
I built it as two buildings bolted together in the center, So two 8x8's. I did this in case I wanted to move it to another lot or even RV park.
---
Sometimes you just need to ask!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161207_162218.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	136803   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161214_170546.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	136804   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161221_175924.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	136805  
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randy’s Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #22

Wow Big! Very nice! That could be a guest cottage. Our park limit is 50 sq feet. Could definitely use more but the chain of lakes and pontooning offset that.
cck camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #23

Thanks CCK!
I have to have my little workshop or I would go nuts!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 05-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #24

[emoji106]
Old 05-15-2017, 04:50 AM   #25

our 40CCK

our Cedar Creek 40CCK is set up in Fl in a nice RV Community. We bought our lot and decided moving our fifth wheel was no longer desired and traded in for this 2015 model. Replaced the recliners with a La-Z-Boy theater seat, turned the dining table to have a little more room, cut out wall under the bedroom hamper and added door--more storage area. Went with the queen bed to have more bedroom walk around room.
Next to replace hanging kitchen lights--looking at LED 12v models and new fixtures---current ones have no appearance appeal.
Will need to replace the bedroom carpet and the slide carpet at the refrig-entertainment center---edge piece is unraveling and poor quality.
We also have added a storage building to our lot that has a bath and laundry so the trailer shower gets very little activity, plus the convenience of 2 toilets when needed.
Have added sunshades and window tints to keep the sun warming down, it has helped.
We really like it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cedar creek 3-1-17.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	137914  
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #26

Wow - very nice setup you have there in FL!
I will be pulling out the recliners and swapping them for the theater seating I have in the fifth wheel before I sell it this coming fall. While the leather has not started delaminating to this point, I hear that it is only a matter of time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7025.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	137929  
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 05-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #27

X2 on your FL setup! Very nice! Jealous of the lot size and your utility building[emoji41]
Old 05-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #28

CENTRAL VAC question...

So the brochure for our 40CFE boasts about a Central Vac.
Well, evidently that's sort of what I got. A Vacuum docked in the center of the camper (end of the kitchen sink cabinet - we don't have an island). But that's sort of where it stops. If you want to vacuum the back of the camper, you better hope the hose stretches... Or is there something about this vac that I don't know about?

((that's the dark colored thing below the sink in the picture))
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6365.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	137992  
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 05-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #29

Our central vac is a Dirt Devil brand. It's located inside the island and the hose connection faces the front. It's a stretch but the hose does barely reach the back. Five more feet of hose would have been appreciated. It does have a lot of suction. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1498.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	312.9 KB
ID:	138013
Old 05-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #30

Interesting - - so I am apparently not missing anything!
We've friends with Grand Design and XLR fifth wheels which have true central vac systems with hose outlets in at least three locations throughout their trailers.
Oh well -- I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
Thanks!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 05-16-2017, 05:34 AM   #31

central vac

It's a Dyson from a previous RV.

Yes we like the space of our lot---55 x 60. sits on the #9 hole. We get to watch the swing styles of numerous golfers.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #32
edt

Where are you in Florida we have Cottage in North Ga and a house in central Florida knowing what I know would have liked the locations reversed pain to winterize unit
edt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:34 PM   #33

our cottage

we are in Willow Lakes Golf and RV resort in Mims/Titusville.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #34

On our 2017 40 CRS, we have the dometic awning. There wasn't a manual so I'm wondering if the awning can be dropped to better block the sun? It does have knobs to loosen at the arms, but I've been hesitant to pull on them.

Secondly, we have the whirlpool refrig, and even on the coldest setting, and the switch in the freezer for more freezer cold to the refrigerator it's not very cold. Anybody else have this issue?
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #35

Here is what I bought and why.
Same issue on my Cedar Creek 33rl. I had a sun screen made that goes all the from the awning slot to 1 foot off the ground when extended. I also have a 4 ft same sun blocker for the quick set up while on the road. The larger provides 90% coverage and PRIVACY.
I saw the company in WEBSTER FLORIDA flea market. I subsequently went to their plant in Center Hill, FL since they did not have my desired size at the flea market. The QUALITY IS OUTSTANDING. Double stitched hems; brass grommets triple attached, and you can have them SPACED AS DESIRED.
The company has been doing this since 1981 at the same location. Family owned. Wonderful people to work with: THEY SHIP.
Beasleyrvsunshades.com
Look'em up! no regrets.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #36
edt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdaniels4 View Post
On our 2017 40 CRS, we have the dometic awning. There wasn't a manual so I'm wondering if the awning can be dropped to better block the sun? It does have knobs to loosen at the arms, but I've been hesitant to pull on them.

Secondly, we have the whirlpool refrig, and even on the coldest setting, and the switch in the freezer for more freezer cold to the refrigerator it's not very cold. Anybody else have this issue?
There are 2 sets of arms on cottages I have the ones that hold the awning very high my neighbors have shorter arms my awning is 2 foot higher off ground offering very poor protection. My ref works fine.
edt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #37

Whirlpool refrig, dometic awning

My whirlpool 19 fridge doesn't seem to get very cold, even on the coldest level.

Also the dometic awning is almost horizontal from the sidewall, yet I also know it rain dumps. So it must be able to be lowered. I got no manual with it, and if I loosen the under arm knobs I'm hesitant to yank on the arms to lower them for more shade.

Anybody know about these 2 issues of mine? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:28 AM   #38

awning-refrig

our frig seems to be as cold as it should be, no problems.

Our awning is also mounted at the top to the side wall and does have adjustable arms. I have added an eyebolt at the end of the arm (removed the original bolt and replaced) that tie the arms to the concrete with straps for stability in the wind. The arms can be pulled down and the knobs used to tighten to fix the position. The arms adjustment allows the awning to tilt slightly for rain runoff. I would say a good amount of angle adjustment available.
our biggest complaint is the awning position over the sliding door. The end of the awning is right at the handbar and the door. Allows too much rain runoff to splash the door and you.
Gary
Old 06-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #39

Thanks etc. I figured the arms would lower, but I loosed one, started to pull on it, didn't seem to be going anywhere, so figured I'm better off asking here. Each of these things are different that's for sure.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #40

awning

make sure the arm black knob is loose and then you can pull down some. The arms should get a little shorter, and the front area should drop closer to the ground.
When I put my awning out I attach the straps, then I tighten the knobs.
Gary

Tags
cedar creek, check