Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #61

Thanks for posting your update - it may help one of us solve a similar problem someday!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randy’s Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #62

On mobile app, can't seem to find where to post a new thread. We have the slow rise shades. One failed, FR did send a replacement. There are 3 clips behind the valance. OfCan only push the button in so far and still won't release. Of course not enough room. If I could figure out how to get the valance down that would help access. How do you get these shades down?
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #63

Trailer hitch looks great. I am waiting for my 40cck to be delivered to Beaver Dam AZ. You mentioned that your hitch might come off. If it is bolted on it can. Standard on that model would be welded and then you are kind of stuck. However it looks great just like it is.
Loopersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #64

Welcome to the group Hageman!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 07-15-2017, 05:24 PM   #65

Less than a newby

Waiting for my 2018 40cck to be delivered to Beaver Dam AZ. Got a lot of questions that I could ask but I best wait til I get the unit first. My wife and I have been RVing since 76 but this trailer is very different. Looking forward to being a regular on the forum.
Loopersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:48 PM   #66

Finally found my icemaker shutoff. It was near the galley drain valve. Shut that off. For winterizing, I'll run a few sycles to get the mixed now antifreeze out of the line. That should be sufficient to dry the line. I'll never use the ice maker because we're on well water with significant farm runoff, and I don't trust the water quality to ingest it.

We got the refrig fixed, and we had an issue with the tension spring on the day night shade released, so it wouldn't roll up. Was all the way to the floor. FR sent me out a replacement. All good. You do have to remove the valance for reinstall. No room to get it latched on the brackets. So for now we should be good.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:14 AM   #67

Welcome aboard Looper!

MDaniels - one thing I planned on doing is to write my own Cottage Owners Manual since the generic one is so poor.
Maybe we can all contribute things that we find/figure-out here and that could be used as a foundation?
Glad to hear FR stood behind the Night Shade!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 07-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
Welcome aboard Looper!

MDaniels - one thing I planned on doing is to write my own Cottage Owners Manual since the generic one is so poor.
Maybe we can all contribute things that we find/figure-out here and that could be used as a foundation?
Glad to hear FR stood behind the Night Shade!
Welcome to the new cottage owners.

That's really a great idea bigfoot. Perhaps that can be added as a sticky within this subgroup. While many trailers are similar, each has its own unique aspects. Like in my case, having to take down the valance to replace the roller shades. Or finding the icemaker shutoff in a totally different place than what I'd read of before. The manuals are pretty bad all in all. On the refrigerator issue, whirlpool did a great job in support. I went to them directly. FR handled the shade issue really well too. In that case I did go to the mfg of it as well. They never got back to me, so kudos to FR on that.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:26 AM   #69
edt

Have they moved the light switch hidden behind cabinet door. Silly to have to open door to turn on any light.
edt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #70

What light. Must have missed that one.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:59 AM   #71
edt

don't know when they changed but my 2015 there was no light switch when you came in sliding door. Switch was behind door with display showing tanks.
I moved switch to wall in front of door would send pictures but they show up upside down.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:10 PM   #72

Cedar Creek Cottage owners manual --
Lets post what we can here. Once we have enough knowledge nuggets, I will see about organizing them by section and will generate another thread - perhaps asking for Sticky-Status as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by edt View Post
don't know when they changed but my 2015 there was no light switch when you came in sliding door. Switch was behind door with display showing tanks.
I moved switch to wall in front of door would send pictures but they show up upside down.
Curious how you routed the wiring...
Go ahead and post the pics - if nothing else we can download and flip them ourselves..
Thor Vegas 25.5
Old 07-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #73
edt

Ceiling Light Switch

Wr had to open door to turn on lights when we entered trailer only switch was behind this cabinet door . Now this was on 2014 CLS model just unpluged switches after taking picture. plenty of room to pass wires behind control panel.

Picture 1 where switch was that was a factory whole
Picture 2 New location
Picture 3 repair

If you have pendant lights There is also a fix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0575.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	145441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0578.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	145442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	145443  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #74

Well. By sheer dumb luck, I found the buttons on the TV mount that will unlatch the main TV from the wall. Right in the center, there are 2 push ins. Once I have a helper to hold the TV as well, I'm going to install a scissors mount bracket, as well as hook up an hdmi cable to a separate Blu ray disc recorder and player. I don't care of the TV sticks out a couple of inches from its space. To get at the back of it where the connectors are is the most important thing to me. Success!
Old 07-29-2017, 04:56 AM   #75

TV mount

I struggled with my TV mount also, like yours with the 2 silver buttons, to get it to release. And it was harder to get it buttons lined back up and to seat on the re-install part.
I had to use a mirror to see the buttons from underneath. Push these in and push up to release the TV mount from the wall mount. Make sure have a got hold on it.
I took my TV down to hook up the cable in to one of the 3 HDMI connections, great picture now. one is cable in, one is accessory and one is DVD-sound unit.

Sure wish there was a more detailed owners manual for these kinds of things. pictures would be great.
I did discover there was an HDMI connection in the lower left cupboard to hook up another accessory to the TV. I use mine for a ROKU stick. It sure was handy to have an AC outlet in there as well.

Gary
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
Thanks for posting your update - it may help one of us solve a similar problem someday!

Like others can't find where to start a new topic! We have a new Cottage. The zone 1 AC seems to shut down way above requested temperature based on an independent thermometer. When I check the internal temperature with the Dometic thermostat, it shows a value way less than the independent thermometer. I can't figure where the reference temperature for zone 1 is taken, does anyone out there know???
RWHopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:48 PM   #77

to start new topic

Go back to main page
Select Forums at the top
Go down to 5th wheel/trailers/ultralights
find Cedar Creek in right column and select
Should now be on Cedar Creek topics list
At the top of the page left is "New Thread".......start writing.

I do remember a sensor on the wall in my bedroom for zone 2. I hung a thermometer from the cover.

I think the zone 1 is on the wall by the thermostat.
I have placed a few thermometers in places in my unit to better set the thermostats for zone 1 and 2.
Gary
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:29 AM   #78
edt

I had problem with zone 2 hole for thermostat was large air was flowing by thermostat giving false reading sealed hole with caulk no more problem. [This was the sensor in the ceiling in bedroom.] . Check for air flow behind main thermostat could be problem
Old 09-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #79

I finally got my Cottage and love it. You were so right when you said the manuals are poor at best. I have a few questions and can't seem to find anyone official or otherwise to answer them. Where do I post a question about TV/Antennas inputs and outputs? I have my DISH receiver/DVR hooked up to my front TV but do not seem to have anywhere to send my 2nd output to my Bedroom TV. Is it pre-wired or not? Help
Old 09-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #80

Congratulations Rich!!!!
I wish I could answer your question but it is going to be a few weeks before I'm back down there to start hooking things up in my own Cottage...
Thor Vegas 25.5

Tags
cedar creek, check