Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #1

Cedar Creek Factory Service Question

So I have small dilemma, I have to bring my 2013 Silverback back to the factory because I have the dreaded faded/ cracked/ decal bleed
cap problem. Factory is going to replace with new cap all labor and material covered. We are thinking of attending the rally in 2016, but Denise tells me the service techs will be at the rally, no one at factory to do this work during the rally. So here is my question, I was thinking of making the appointment the Friday before the rally? She tells me only will take one day. What do you all think? Is that cutting it to close? I here the factory guys are pretty good!We wanted to come south through Gatlinburg TN over through Nashville and up to Indiana for repairs then rally.
Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-30-2015, 08:09 PM   #2

Yes!! If they say one day, they mean it! We have been at for service at the factory several times, the time they said it will take to complete the work was exactly as they said. Just a thought, if by chance they find more than they figured because of not seeing it, it could actually be finished at the FROG rally. But I would not be afraid to take it there the Friday before.

Hope this helps and God bless,
Mike
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #3

Yes,
Thanks
Trying to way my options to get it fixed and be able to attend the rally within my vacation period.
Mike

Old 10-01-2015, 06:17 AM   #4

No problem, go with your plan. At this years rally we did see some go to the factory before the rally for this problem and were back the same day.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:53 AM   #5
CCRVOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstrknpapa View Post
So I have small dilemma, I have to bring my 2013 Silverback back to the factory because I have the dreaded faded/ cracked/ decal bleed
cap problem. Factory is going to replace with new cap all labor and material covered. We are thinking of attending the rally in 2016, but Denise tells me the service techs will be at the rally, no one at factory to do this work during the rally. So here is my question, I was thinking of making the appointment the Friday before the rally? She tells me only will take one day. What do you all think? Is that cutting it to close? I here the factory guys are pretty good!We wanted to come south through Gatlinburg TN over through Nashville and up to Indiana for repairs then rally.
Thanks
Mike

Yes that worked well for us. Denise gave us a Friday before the rally appointment. We arrived at the factory 730am, they replaced the the front cap and a long list of items that I had submitted on my service request and other things that they had found. We picked it up at 5pm good as new. Denise and the staff of technicians are top rate.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #6

Too close in my opinion.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #7
Dorothy and the Tinman

Same Issue

Friday before would be great. We had ours replaced at this years rally. Took the rig in on Friday of rally and it was done by noon-1 pm and we drove back to finish off rally. Our service tech had to make arrangements with some others to stay after work to help him but they got the replacement done!! VERY pleased with CC service techs.

Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #8

And you are asking here why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstrknpapa View Post
Thanks
Mike

I do not think this is the best place to ask about times and appointments, you need to call the factory and see what and how they can fit you in?
I hope it all works out for you and enjoy the rally (wish i could be there with you) Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:50 PM   #9

Well, here is a positive alternative that worked for us just a week ago! You can schedule that cap for installation at the factory and take your chances; OR as I did, choose the alternative.

Denise could not get us into the factory before Dec 18th. She suggested we use an overflow facility; RCI Wave, near the fairgrounds in Goshen! She arranged "Anita" to handle our issues. AND ARE WE GLAD IT WORKED OUT THAT WAY!!

Two highly experienced rv experts; Scott and John; worked on our unit 2 days from 7:30am to 4pm. Finished exactly as scheduled and fixed factory built faux pas that were causing us massive headaches.

Here's what they accomplished. Everything was coordinated thru Denise ( soooo glad FR has her).

* new 2016 Oyster Colored Cap. No more Mocha for SilverbackMel!
* new main Dometic AC
* 3 new interior shades
* loose interior trim fixed
* bedroom slide leak/found original mfg process substandard. Tore it apart, rebuilt, closed and sealed.
* machine formed an aluminum skid under our dining slide as it was tearing the dacor underbelly...no repeat issues here!
* tore into our black tank and installed a new seal. Old one leaked like a bucket with a hole in it!!
* inspected 100% of exterior for any caulking issues. Re caulked every single suspicious seam whether it was previously caulked or missed! Oh yes, factory build does miss!!

So; RCI WAVE gets A+ for getting it done and walking us through each repair; except black tank issue 😳!!

Just say'n there are great alternatives to getting repairs done timely and correctly. Trust DENISE!! She knows!!

Good luck.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Well, here is a positive alternative that worked for us just a week ago! You can schedule that cap for installation at the factory and take your chances; OR as I did, choose the alternative.

Denise could not get us into the factory before Dec 18th. She suggested we use an overflow facility; RCI Wave, near the fairgrounds in Goshen! She arranged "Anita" to handle our issues. AND ARE WE GLAD IT WORKED OUT THAT WAY!!

Two highly experienced rv experts; Scott and John; worked on our unit 2 days from 7:30am to 4pm. Finished exactly as scheduled and fixed factory built faux pas that were causing us massive headaches.

Here's what they accomplished. Everything was coordinated thru Denise ( soooo glad FR has her).

* new 2016 Oyster Colored Cap. No more Mocha for SilverbackMel!
* new main Dometic AC
* 3 new interior shades
* loose interior trim fixed
* bedroom slide leak/found original mfg process substandard. Tore it apart, rebuilt, closed and sealed.
* machine formed an aluminum skid under our dining slide as it was tearing the dacor underbelly...no repeat issues here!
* tore into our black tank and installed a new seal. Old one leaked like a bucket with a hole in it!!
* inspected 100% of exterior for any caulking issues. Re caulked every single suspicious seam whether it was previously caulked or missed! Oh yes, factory build does miss!!

So; RCI WAVE gets A+ for getting it done and walking us through each repair; except black tank issue 😳!!

Just say'n there are great alternatives to getting repairs done timely and correctly. Trust DENISE!! She knows!!

Good luck.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #11

I couldn't get an appointment till March 2016, here in New England you aren't moving anywhere until April / May so that won't work. Unit out of warranty so they won't pay transportation and expense. Maybe the only viable option is heading to rally in August that would be least financial impact.
They tell me there's new process for UV protection on caps, I sure hope so, this ones gray. I wouldn't want a gray cap that's been sitting in the warehouse, they haven't manufactured a gray unit over two years now!

Mike

Old 10-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #12

Factory repair

Mike,
I opted for a trip north and repair there. We stayed in the rv arrival night and Super 8, UGH, for 2 nights.
2 nights on the road each direction and fuel/meals. All my expense.
Our selling dealer is 575 miles south of us. Factory is 590 miles. Dealer is VERY SMALL and my repairs WERE a major concern.
For us, it was an EZ, yet painful decision. Unit is GREAT. No regrets.
I DID SHOP LOCAL REPAIRS IN ATLANTA, however, almost no one wanted to work directly with FR. My one close by major shop had my unit for 4 months last year. We are retired and USE our toy!!
Sometimes decisions are tough!
We feel this was our best option to not miss Fall camping and winter months in Florida.
Wish you all the best!
Old 10-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #13

I agree
Factory best choice
Local shop wanted $3000 to strip and paint.
Thank you for info.
TrailBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #14

We used RCI Wave this summer to replace the header in our slide...very pleased with their work.
birdman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #15

What I can tell you is based on the personal experience we've had, and that of the many members of our RV group: If Denise tells you it will happen... it will! Someone said that going the Friday before the rally is 'cutting it too close,' but not if Denise tells you she will get you in and out as promised. And... if you are considering using your vacation time to attend the FROG rally, you will be in for a wonderful week! The fellowship of Cedar Creek owners is amazing. Why everyone who owns a Cedar Creek (or Silverback) has not joined our CCRVOC group is beyond me! We have rallies all over North America, we've formed deep and lasting friendships with an unbelievably diverse group of members, and the guys offer a wealth of not only knowledge, but hands-on ability to fix big and small problems.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:34 PM   #16

Any one have Denises' email?

I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a response to my questions from CC sales and warranty with no results.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #17

FR E Mail

Denise Davis

dldavis@forestriverinc.com

That's DL DAVIS

i always have used "lower case" with 100% results.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #18

Thanks Mel

Tags
cedar creek, factory, service