Old 11-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #21

Thanks email sent. I am going to try but my trailer may be to far out of warranty (6months)

Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #22
Retired

I had this same issue this past spring with my 2012 Montana that I recently traded in.

I used 3M Marine Cleaner and Wax with a power buffer and it worked good for me.

Marine Aftermarket Catalog:*3M™ Marine Cleaner and Wax

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0 - 320 Watt Solar with 2000 Watt Inverter
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #23

I called my dealer because my cap is looking bad, I think they are going to fix it. It is still under extendend warrenty
Old 11-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #24

Thanks to this post I tried again and Forest River is going to cover it. Now to find someone who will do it.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:46 AM   #25

I started the process through the dealer, they in turn will contact Forest River, I am hoping to get front and rear cap painted this winter. Keep you informed.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 11-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #26

My dealer called today and said Forest River was going to fix the Cedar Creek, I will keep you posted on what they do
Old 11-16-2014, 06:06 AM   #27

My dealer, 150 miles from me, suggested I find a Forest River dealer closer to me to do the "repair". Said they didn't have to be a Cedar Creek dealer. Good luck finding another dealer with a good service dept., to remove the decals and going through the procedure they suggest, NOT. I was going to take my back to the CC factory but they are booked until June 2015.
Yes, Forest River will approve this "repair" BUT finding someone qualified to do it is another thing.

Betterway Cap Fade Repair
STEP 1:
v Repair and Restore- 4.0 hours
Start by sanding the area with a DA sander with 600/800 dry paper, blow off dust periodically to check progress.
Blow dust and wipe with a damp cloth and continue wet sanding down 1000 and finally 1200 grit wet sand paper.
Start buffing with a wool pad and 3M super-duty compound to work up scratches.
STEP 2:
v Protect- 4.0 hours
Seal the cap with UV Protective 2K Urethane to avoid cap fading.
STEP 3:
v DECALS- 3.0
R/R Front Decals

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
My dealer, 150 miles from me, suggested I find a Forest River dealer closer to me to do the "repair". Said they didn't have to be a Cedar Creek dealer. Good luck finding another dealer with a good service dept., to remove the decals and going through the procedure they suggest, NOT. I was going to take my back to the CC factory but they are booked until June 2015.
Yes, Forest River will approve this "repair" BUT finding someone qualified to do it is another thing.

Betterway Cap Fade Repair
STEP 1:
v Repair and Restore- 4.0 hours
Start by sanding the area with a DA sander with 600/800 dry paper, blow off dust periodically to check progress.
Blow dust and wipe with a damp cloth and continue wet sanding down 1000 and finally 1200 grit wet sand paper.
Start buffing with a wool pad and 3M super-duty compound to work up scratches.
STEP 2:
v Protect- 4.0 hours
Seal the cap with UV Protective 2K Urethane to avoid cap fading.
STEP 3:
v DECALS- 3.0
R/R Front Decals
This probably won't last much longer than the original. Most manufacturers have now switched to painted rather than colored gel coat caps as they are all having the same problem. Heartland and Jayco have for sure done this. I had mine painted at a commercial truck and bus bodyshop. They were one of the only places that has a paint booth big enough to get into. Buffing it will make it shine like like new, then a couple months later the same problem will come back, then what? The only real cure is to paint it. Mine has a basecoat clear coat finish and still looks like new...
Old 12-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
While checking the roof on my 14 month old 2014 34 RLSA Cedar Creek I noticed the top of the front cap fading. It first looked like oxidation so I tried some Meguiars #50 Cleaner Wax. This made it look a little better but still has a light "haze" look about it. It is just the top of the cap where it gets the most sun before it drops down the front. I thought this was a gel coat solid color cap and concerned it looks like this so soon.
Has anyone else had any issues with their Cedar Creek or Silverback?

Yes , I have a 2013 CC 34 RLSA and the front and back caps have started to discolour and fade , I have sent pictures and an email to the dealer , waiting on an answer from them .
Old 01-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #30

We have the same issue on the same year and model CC. Have also seen this on 3 other like units. Sent a note to FR but have received no reply. I have used a marine grade cleaning/polishing compound by 3M. It helps but doesn't get rid of problem 100 percent.

Tags
cedar creek