Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #1

Cedar Creek front cap LED lights

Anyone know how to get the front cap LED light bulbs out? Each one has 8 or 9 LED's, I have one that has two bulbs out. I think the bulbs have a warranty and will be replaced by the mfg. Just need to know how to get it out.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
Anyone know how to get the front cap LED light bulbs out? Each one has 8 or 9 LED's, I have one that has two bulbs out. I think the bulbs have a warranty and will be replaced by the mfg. Just need to know how to get it out.
I'm pretty sure that they are sealed pucks (for lack of a better descriptor) and they are grommet mounts. Mine are semi painted in as well. I'm thinking a suction cup, silicone lubricant and a small spatula
will do it but that is just my best guess.
If under warranty, why not let the dealer do it? Just sayin.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #3

Where is the switch for the light.
artown330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #4

I don't think that light bulbs are covered by warranty unless you have a very kind dealer. Since you have a new unit, they might replace as a courtesy. I have never had an exterior light burn out in 36 years of owning an RV.
2015 Ford F250 4X4, 6.7 PSD
Pullrite Slider Hitch
jonandjolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by artown330 View Post
Where is the switch for the light.
Depends on which unit you have. 36 Series has the switch in the docking station.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandjolene View Post
I don't think that light bulbs are covered by warranty unless you have a very kind dealer. Since you have a new unit, they might replace as a courtesy. I have never had an exterior light burn out in 36 years of owning an RV.
The lights in question are not "bulbs". They are LED Surface Mounted Diodes and carry a manufactures
"Lifetime" warranty.

Havin some Creek Envy? LOL
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandjolene View Post
I had a set that went out (inside) and the dealer replaced without any issues.
They are supposed to have a lifetime warrantee, but it did take th 3 weeks to get them in.
jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #8

I am super new at RV living. We have the Bright Ideas LED gig lights that have a lifetime warranty too. Who do we contact to get one light replaced?
TTWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTWA View Post
I am super new at RV living. We have the Bright Ideas LED gig lights that have a lifetime warranty too. Who do we contact to get one light replaced?
Your Dealer can and should do that for you. If not, like most everything in your Creek, you can contact the OEM. You should have received paperwork on the pile of them.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #10

My 34 RLSA has the switch in the dockng station as well. BTW, we just got back from a trip that took us to the CC factory. I had a 9 or 10 item punch list for some warranty work. LED lights and the hanging lights over the center island (bulbs) were on the list. I didn't really expect them to replace the lights, especially the bulbs. But they did everything on our list and then went looking for anything else they could find that they thought needed fixing. That level of customer service is the main reason I'm glad we got a CC ! Great guys, great service, and this was after all the recent personnel changes. To top it off we got a factory tour as well and had a great time exploring Shipshewana and the rest of Amish country. I'm going to the FROG rally next year in Goshen and looking forward to returning to the area. Already have a couple of things for the CC guys at the rally to do for me.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRCreekers View Post
My 34 RLSA has the switch in the dockng station as well. BTW, we just got back from a trip that took us to the CC factory. I had a 9 or 10 item punch list for some warranty work. LED lights and the hanging lights over the center island (bulbs) were on the list. I didn't really expect them to replace the lights, especially the bulbs. But they did everything on our list and then went looking for anything else they could find that they thought needed fixing. That level of customer service is the main reason I'm glad we got a CC ! Great guys, great service, and this was after all the recent personnel changes. To top it off we got a factory tour as well and had a great time exploring Shipshewana and the rest of Amish country. I'm going to the FROG rally next year in Goshen and looking forward to returning to the area. Already have a couple of things for the CC guys at the rally to do for me.
Hi

Can you share the items are your punch list and any other issues that CC might have addressed while you were at the factory.

The reason I ask is... we're way to far away from Indiana to ever get there for service. And I'm hoping to stay on top of any issues that may come up on our 34RLSA by being aware of potential problems that I can take care of myself.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #12

Sure, I'll do my best. Here are the ones I remember:
1) Black tank valve leaking - repaired by thoroughly cleaning the black tank. I had gotten it clogged due to not using the clean-out whirlygig every time I dumped the tank. Now I do that religiously. I had also put a Valterra "termination valve" on the sewer outlet which I now keep closed while traveling. Now I can open the sewer line cap, get the sewer all hooked up, and then open the termination valve. This keeps me from spilling black tank contents all over the ground and my shoes. This is the one item I told them to be sure to fix.

2) Bedroom blind not long enough to completely close. They replaced the blind.

3) Fire extinguisher clamp was broken. They replaced it and gave me a new fire extinguisher even though the original was fine. I now have two.

4) Hoover door in kitchen would not stay up (open). They applied a fix they've devised for that. Apparently a common problem. Works fine now.

5) The aforementioned lights. They replaced two of the ceiling LED puck lights and two of the pendant bulbs over the island. Then they went through and checked every light in the camper. Of course, as luck would have it, the inside light over the door burned out a bulb abot 3 or 4 days after we headed back south. I'll handle that myself.

6) Couldn't get the water filter cannister off to put in a water filter. They did that and put in a new filter. I still have the original that came with the camper.

That's all I can recall at the moment, the remaining ones were very minor stuff. One of the things they did after we came to pick up the camper was to remove, replace, and install a new sewer hose storage unit. I was not even aware the old one was loose. I don't use the unit as I keep my swewer hose and connections in a large Rubbermaid tub in the basement. But they insisted on fixing it. Oh and at some point my water heater outside door got bent and would not close tightly. They fixed that as well. Then they re-zeroed my level-up system, even thoug I told them it seemed fine to me. One of the guys went over the outside of the trailer looking for anything else, while two of them did the same inside. I felt like I finally got a thorough post-sale walkthrough, which I did NOT get from my dealer.

I can't stess enough that if you can get down to the factory sometime in the future, do it. I realize that Alaska is a fur piece, But I'm planning a trip up there next summer, along with a couple of other Cedar Creek Owners Club members. If I can drive up there from Texas, maybe you will be able to make it down to the lower 48 sometime in the future.

Good luck and safe travels!

Skip
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #13

Thanks Skip

It's reassuring to hear no significant quality problems are occurring.

Have a great trip to AK.

Tags
cedar creek, led, light