Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 01:21 PM   #21

I would really like to have a 36CKTS but if I can trade for one I would really like to have 16 model or a early 17 model. I don't like the new steps or the on demand hot water heater. It will all depend on if we get to take granddaughter on trips with us. The 32RL Cedar Creek we have now is probably the last one, I spent right much money on this camper last year on upgrades. The 36CKTS has a lot more cabinet space and I can still pull it with my SRW. My camper is 35ft 8in long and the 36CKTS 40ft 7in. My truck can tow 16,500 lbs and the 36 is weight is 16,300. My 32RL is loaded 15,721. I need to decide what to do soon
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #22

Send a message via ICQ to dduncan Send a message via AIM to dduncan Send a message via Yahoo to dduncan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I would really like to have a 36CKTS but if I can trade for one I would really like to have 16 model or a early 17 model. I don't like the new steps or the on demand hot water heater. It will all depend on if we get to take granddaughter on trips with us. The 32RL Cedar Creek we have now is probably the last one, I spent right much money on this camper last year on upgrades. The 36CKTS has a lot more cabinet space and I can still pull it with my SRW. My camper is 35ft 8in long and the 36CKTS 40ft 7in. My truck can tow 16,500 lbs and the 36 is weight is 16,300. My 32RL is loaded 15,721. I need to decide what to do soon

The forest river web site says the 36 CKTS is 39' 10". Also think you can order new units with old style steps and a 12 gallon water heater.
dduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #23

My 36CKTS is 39'10". I had the on demand and 'demanded' to get rid of it and got a 12 gallon conventional. Best decision yet.

I have not said this anywhere here yet.........but I keep looking at Champagnes, Riverstones, etc etc.......and to me they are so similar to what I have that I can't see any reason to ever change.

I have added Joy Rider II shocks and axle alignment system. One day I will probably get 17.5" G114 tires and new wheels. Probably this year we'll get a washer and dryer. Disc brakes are being added this week. We have a new roof and a new rear A/C unit, thanks to Dometic. Those are the things that I see that make the higher end units above ours, attractive........and are the difference. The layout is almost identical. But I can fix all those things and still have a $100,000+ trailer for a little over $50,000 plus add ons.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:22 PM   #24

Hey Dduncan, I have a 38el with the third ac and ems. All three ac units can run at the same time. Rear and middle run together and bedroom runs separate. They are all ducted together. Make sure you add the heat pump. With the fireplace and bedroom heater the heat pump will keep the furnace from kicking on, until it gets down to 35° outside.
As to the on demand water heater, love it. Second 5er with it. If you are on full hook up you can take as many hot showers as you want back to back and not run out of hot water or wait for it to reheat. I replaced a 6 gal. heater in my old toy hauler with one 3 years ago and never looked back.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #25

Looking at options - which would be better, a third AC or double pane windows? I don't really plan on doing much, if any cold weather trips. I will, however be in the south during the summer - Texas and Florida. Besides the thermal benefits, do double pane windows provide significant noise dampening?
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:48 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduncan View Post
The forest river web site says the 36 CKTS is 39' 10". Also think you can order new units with old style steps and a 12 gallon water heater.
Web site says 39'10".....Tape measure says 40"7" from edge of ladder to tip of pinbox. The fully enclose storage I was going to rent was 40"3"...Doesn't that just figure...My tankless water heater works great! Turn it all the way on hot and regulate the temp by adding more or less cold. Never a problem with it.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
Looking at options - which would be better, a third AC or double pane windows? I don't really plan on doing much, if any cold weather trips. I will, however be in the south during the summer - Texas and Florida. Besides the thermal benefits, do double pane windows provide significant noise dampening?
The wife and I were looking at new fivers last weekend. We look at two identical units, one with and one with dual pane windows, sitting side by side and the one with the dual pane windows was cooler inside. The sun was beating down on the rear windows and single pane glass the heat was pouring in and the dual pane could barley feel the heat on the glass. We will have dual pane windows on our next coach after experiencing the difference.

We will also get the third A/C after our main unit failed last summer and had to have a mobile technician repair it the day before we left for a trip. The third A/C will be a nice back up unit.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduncan View Post

I was looking at the Cedar Creek 36CK2 and assumed that the 36CKTS was the same size, I found out later it wasn't. I just want the color on the front cap that I have now. I don't want the on demand hot water heater or the new steps. But I like the more room that you have with the 36CKTS, I like the Goodyear tires on my camper but I could trade out the tires and rims on the new camper. I guess I could also keep the stacked washer/dryer that I have on my camper plus the Trav'ler satellite antenna. I like the 32RL that we have but I also like more room
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
Will there is always one in the crowd and I guess I am that one. I like the one piece step that is on the Cedar Creek Hathaway model. I saw these at the Chicago RV show on several different trailers and I really like the idea for a several reasons. One: they are much more stable than the traditional fold out steps. Two: the steps actual is supported by the ground and the trailer with an easy adjustment at the foot of the step. Not just the trailer as with the fold out steps. Three: they are more aerodynamic designed for towing since the sheet metal on the skirt is one piece. With no cutout for the steps as in the traditional fold out steps.
Did I say I liked them!

X2

Love the Morryde Step Above. Added the Welcome plate the handrail this last weekend.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4393.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	131732
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:44 AM   #30

Friends ordered a 34 RL2 without the new steps and the on demand hot water heater, but they did get it last Oct thru Jeff Couch RV
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
X2

Love the Morryde Step Above. Added the Welcome plate the handrail this last weekend.
Attachment 131732

Looks good I am going to add them both to mine.
mdshope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #32

I have the Silverback 35ik and the handrail was too close to the inside cabinets. I shortened the handrail by 3" and works and fits great.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #33

We really like the one piece steps. Is there a link or something to where you got the extra handrails, DW loves the idea.

Thanks,
Old 03-13-2017, 08:35 AM   #34

I purchased mine through Camping World online.

Search - Morryde handrail - Camping World
Old 03-13-2017, 08:35 AM   #35
CCRVOC

I contacted MORryde's customer service via email and they called me within 30 minutes and answered the questions I had. The aftermarket sales representative (I can't remember his name right now) wanted to confirm that I had the bolt holes in my steps and that I understood that the stairs take up 33(?) inches when the steps are put in the trailer. He provided me with a Texas contact, which was tweetys.com. I ordered the handrail Friday morning, selecting the free shipping option, and we are scheduled to receive them today.

2017 Cedar Creek 38FBD
2016 Ford F350 SuperCrew Platinum 6.7L PSD Dually
TxJnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #36

MD,. I noticed on your step photo that the latching system is mounted on the bottom step. (When folded up). Mine was mounted the same way. That is not correct. My tech moved mine to the next step. It makes the folded up steps store more stable. Look at door frame closer. There is a folded stainless re-enforcement on the door frame on both sides. That is where the step latch should contact door frame.
Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:54 PM   #37

Backfire. It appears the way the handrail is built it would be impossible to walk around in the RV with the door shut and steps retracted.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminz View Post
Backfire. It appears the way the handrail is built it would be impossible to walk around in the RV with the door shut and steps retracted.

I am not sure why you would want to be in the RV with the steps retracted.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:59 PM   #39

Overnight in a truck stop.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #40

We often when traveling will stop for several hours or all night with all slides closed. These steps stick out far enough to get hit by another vehicle while they are pulling along side. We have always purchased an RV that fridge can be operated with all slides shut.

Tags
cedar creek