Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #1

Cedar Creek Hoosier Cabinet - Appliance Garage Door

After three weeks and two trips with our new 2014 34 RLSA I finally got around to working on the Hoosier cabinet door. Like many the door would not stay up, would keep closing shut.
I put a small plastic shim (you could use the wooden shims) between the small wood block that was on each side of the round plastic tube cap that contains the rolled up door. This put just enough pressure on the housing and rolled door to keep it up and in place and easily goes up and down, will stay put at any position.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
CCRVOC

Good fix and thanks for the pictures.
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #3

Thanks! Great picture.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Papi

Great Idea!

When my dealer tells me they can't fix the thing in a couple weeks when we take the 36CKTS in with my punch list I will remember your great idea. Of course he may fix it also...we'll see because if it does not get warranty repair they'll be a "disagreement". Thanks again!
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #5

We're going to THE rally soon after taking delivery of our CC 36CKTS. So, if there's an issue with the "garage", they'll fix it there.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #6

We just picked up our 36CKTS at Lazydays in Tampa. A previous thread discussed this problem so the appliance garage door was one of the first items checked and sure enough it was a finger masher. The door is weighted so it comes down with force.
It was placed on the list of items to fix but all the folks that looked had ideas but no one worked on the door. We spent a second night to get it corrected. This time they sent over a guy from their cabinet shop. He removed one track and the door, took it to the shop and within twenty minutes returned and installed it. It worked exactly as it should. The lower 1/3 is resistance free and the upper 2/3 has resistance to hold the door open at any opening. We asked what he did in the event it loosened up after use. His response "it won't". My suggestion is to insist on your dealer fix the problem. Large dealerships have a cabinet shop with skilled workers and most small dealers have arrangements with a local cabinet shop. If a bunch of warranty repair charges show up it will get Forest Rivers attention and just maybe they will correct this at the factory.
Jim
UncleFudd is offline   Reply With Quote