Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #1

Cedar Creek porch light question-grw

I have a 2011 cedarcreek 36re. the porch lite stopped working. installed new momentary on switch. won't work with the fob or the interior switch. the bulb is good. any ideas?
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Does your step light and entry light work? If not, the 5 amp fuse is toast.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #3

thanks duck. forgot to mention, if I get the switch in on position, lites might come on in 1 hour or 2 days. computer box maybe? thanks gary
Old 12-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grw View Post
thanks duck. forgot to mention, if I get the switch in on position, lites might come on in 1 hour or 2 days. computer box maybe? thanks gary
CederCreek has a computer box that wires hook into? Sounds like a bad ground for it or it's the switch. have you pulled the panel?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grw View Post
With that scenario, it could be the battery in the control box. My 12 only had one in the remote but it is my understanding that the 11's had a second one on the right side of the box across from the remote learning button. Doesn't hurt to look if you can get in the back of the garage. You may have to move the wiring harness out of the way.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #6

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Just purchased a 2014 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS and have a similar Porch light/interior sconce light issue. Has anyone figured out the fix. None of the 3 lights work and I don't appear to have 12 volts going to the switch. Any one else have this issue?
gos5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #7

I have a CC 36 CKTS and have had a similar problem in the past. It was a defective control module. I have subsequently replaced the control module and solved the problem. Initially, I traced the wiring through the momentary switch to the control module and on to the light group. In my case the wiring on the on the switch was blue and the wiring to the lights was orange. Since the momentary switch draws its power from the control module I replaced it temporarily with an off and on switch. I tapped into a 12V source at the off/on switch and bridged the orange and blue wires at the contrl module. Once I received the new control module I changed back to the original configuration. BTW that was the second control module that I had to replace.
2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #8

Thanks Elkrun for the reply. I reached out to American Technology Components yesterday who make the wireless system and they told me essentially the same thing. They stated that the relay for the porch light in the module is more than likely bad and would have to be replaced. I can send in my unit and the repair to replace the relay should be around $20 to $25. I'll have to ask what a whole new module costs and maybe keep one as a spare since they seen to go bad frequently. Thanks again and hopefully these posts will help others.
gos5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #9

gos5, I believe that the complete module was in the $200.00 range plus shipping. I opted for that option since the repair would have taken an extended amount of time.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:53 PM   #10

hey elkrun, where did you get the module from? thanks
Old 07-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #11

pappy,

I contacted American Technology Components, Inc. at 574-262-1258. They are located in Elkhart, IN and supplied the control modules and remotes to CC. The module that I purchased is GS-RLM-01 a six function RF control module (CC4H). The cost was $200.00 plus processing and handling charges of $5.00. It was delivered to my Florida address so no sales tax was charged. In addition to the module, an additional remote was also included.

Tags
light