Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #21

Sorry jessa82, but to me, all those problems sound pretty normal for the first year of any new RV ownership. I've owned 5 different manufacturers products, and the first year was hell with all of them. After the first year, we've never had any major problems. I'm seriously thinking of buying used next time
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:57 PM   #22

Yeah I've heard that about new ones. I meant I was surprised that everyone was saying they'd had no issues.

At the moment I'm feeling like I'm keeping this one forever since I will have worked out all the bugs! Haha.

I do wish there was some rating agency the way there is for cars and trucks. To really compare which brands are performing well. It seems like this would drive manufacturers to improve quality control.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessa82 View Post
Everyone has such positive opinions of the cedar creek. This is reassuring, as I've been having some buyers remorse. My 2018 cedar creek Silverback has had nothing but problems so far. Water heater works intermittently. Kitchen sink drain was not tightened after the p-trap and flooded into the dead space under the bathroom as well as into the storage. Shower floor shape causes water to collect in one corner instead of draining. Stair leveling supports do not align with the pin in many positions. Backsplash behind the stove is made of apparently non-heat-tolerant plastic, and bubbled off the wall during the very first use of the stove. Converter has completely failed and I am using a trickle charger while I wait for the replacement from the factory. Screws in the sliding platform under the bed ripped holes in the bed base during the first operation of the bedroom slide. Heat ducts are full of sawdust which blows around. Auto-leveling system has shown an error most of the times I've attempted to use it, which I must clear several times to get it to operate. Black tank sensor shows 2/3 full all the time. Kitchen slide tilts down even after adjustments from the service department.

That's not everything, just the bigger stuff. It's great that others are having a good experience with this brand but I definitely am not.
Unfortunately, you got a lemon. Happened to me one time (non Forest River). Minor point, but I've never had a rig in which the black tank monitor worked properly.
captacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #24

My CC had way more problems than that the first year. Serious ones, not aesthetic only. I love mine. You have to work them out.

I look at it this way........and yes, this is sort of "self justification".....say I bought a Cadillac and it had some problems. IF I get them all fixed, I have a working Cadillac and the guy who was scared off of Cadillacs because of all the reports and got a Yugo.....well, he has a Yugo now and I have a Cadillac.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:10 PM   #25

Thanks everyone.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #26

Mine the inspector was off that day, lots of little things messed up or medium quality
Spyderrider2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
We have had two Cedar Creeks and we have had a few problems but Cedar Creek has went out of there way to help us. We had problems with the caps fading but Cedar Creek fixed that. Our curtains fell , some twice. But that’s mostly because of bad roads. I want a 38FBD, I like the half a bath downstairs.

Love my 2016 38fb2 as the half bath makes camping much more enjoyable!!!!
blindduck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #28

We've been very pleased with our Cottage as well. Little niggling issues, but honestly I look at the bigger picture. And I've been very pleased overall. I'd wanted the cottage since 2012. Bought another unit, and while it was OK, I kept kicking myself for not buying the cottage. I've not been disappointed. Good heavens. These are manufactured on the line. All day long. Workers get tired and bored. I do at my own job, and I'll bet you do too. So again, I look at the bigger picture. The roof is solid. The walls intact. Things for the most part work. Service has been exemplary. Very responsive. This is is our second year now. So my view is cedar creek is a quality manufacturer.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #29

Overall our Cedar Creek has been great but Cedar Creek is like all the other manufacturers they would sell there soul to save a penny. Cedar Creek says with the tank heaters on and the temperature at 70 degrees inside the camper you won’t have any freeze up down to 0 degrees outside, wrong. My drain line from the upstairs shower line froze and busted. No insulation hardly at all plus the line was right beside the frame. But the biggest problem was the drain line was the thinnest piece of plastic pipe you can buy. I replaced the drain line with schedule 40, I think what Cedar Creek installed was schedule 80. The fittings didn’t burst, only the pipe. I always wanted to see how to get the panels off the basement, now the hard part comes putting them back in
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #30

Over all I feel the CC is a 'better' unit than the average. Problems, sure, BIG problems, had 1 and I could empty the black tank (too much glue in the valve and some got into the slider) Ok, was a bit of a hassle for a few trips, but warranty covered it.

The other problems were components like Lippert 6 point, one of the Hyd cylinders blew a seal and yes it too 6 shipped hyd cyls to get the right one and get it installed, not a CC problem but Lippert and yes 2+ mo of hassle.

When we sold our company wife wanted to full time travel, she ordered a motorcoach, at the end of the year and warranty I sold it back to the dealer...nightmare best describes the 1 year we owned it and only a few time could I blame the issue on a component piece rather than the mfg of the unit.

My advice on pushers is to buy one at least 2 years old and at least 10,000 mi and let someone else get it fixed to the point of 'it finally works' and most of the 'bugs' have been sorted out...I will NEVER own a new pusher again!

CC I feel (as a retired engineer) is good value for the price.
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:44 PM   #31
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabama View Post
After visiting the factory and back for repairs and seeing CC in action at the FROG rally, they do everything possible to make the customer happy. This includes doing work that is out of warranty and in some cases providing parts directly to the owner.
Now please let me know if you can find another manufacturer that does this.
I have found the same to be true.

I bought my 36CKTS 2 years ago and I am living in it full time traveling around the Country. Although, like others, I have had some issues, mostly minor, in talking with other RVer's I meet, Cedar Creek appears to be better than all the others. At least my 36CKTS.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, quality