Old 11-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #1

Cedar Creek Quality

We bought a CC Champagne so this isn't meant as a whining thread but I'm wondering; having watched various videos that indicate Cedar Creek is a step above most other Forest River models, do you agree?

Just wondering if it's standard sell techniques or if there is something to their claims.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #2

I've been wondering the same. I've researched them heavily for a possible future purchase. I like lots of what they do, such as their wall construction and insulation. Unfortunately, lots of the other components are the same, so you will have the same issues.

davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
I've been wondering the same. I've researched them heavily for a possible future purchase. I like lots of what they do, such as their wall construction and insulation. Unfortunately, lots of the other components are the same, so you will have the same issues.
Kind of my thoughts too. On our shakedown camping this month, the solidity and quality of the structure seemed good. But the fireplace literally fell out of the drawer it was mounted on. Only little brad nails held it in place when clearly screws and glue should have been used. A few other things like drawers sticking, the outside molding not properly affixed. In the shop now getting fixed.

We did weather a huge NE storm on top of a hill in NH and in spite of 70 mph winds, slept soundly with little noise and no movement. Our neighbors had a Zinger and said they shook all night.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #4

We owned a 2013 Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel and thought the construction, finish and quality of parts used were definitely a cut above. We then purchased a 2018 Georgetown (FR) motorhome which is their premium gas line and thought the Cedar Creek was definitely a cut above that.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #5

I think overall, all RVs were built better a few years ago. 2008 -2011. Even CC. We have been thinking of trading ours in but everything we look at just doesn't seem to be be built very well. We are keeping our tried and true rig a few more years. Started looking at used ones, but we already have a good one of those
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #6

While it might not be a really fair comparison, we have a 2018 Cedar Creek Cottage which is built on the same assembly line. We have RVed for over 40 years and have pretty much seen it all. Our Cottage has NOT been a disappointment from a quality standpoint. The only component that failed was the dishwasher (someone forgot to install the latch in the door so it would turn on) and that is not Cedar Creek's fault. We are quite pleased with our Cottage and there are a dozen of them in the park where we own a lot in the Georgia mountains.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #7

After visiting the factory and back for repairs and seeing CC in action at the FROG rally, they do everything possible to make the customer happy. This includes doing work that is out of warranty and in some cases providing parts directly to the owner.
Now please let me know if you can find another manufacturer that does this.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=7 | Booked=7
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #8

Here is some good reading. https://www.turbodieselregister.com/...ew-and-quality
Old 11-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #9

We have a 2018 Cedar Creek Champagne and it is a quality fifth wheel. We are not disappointed at all. Only issues are one drawer that sticks I have to look at and one sliding closet door was coming open during travel. I looked at the travel latch and made an adjustment and it seems to be ok now. It is a great unit.

mwdilday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #10

Cedar Creek Quality

This is our 3rd 5th wheel and 7th RV. We have a 2015 38rd and itís the best RV we have had yet. Very solid and very few issues. The issues we have had are ones most have had like the black tank handle pull. You need to plan on issues these are homes rolling down the bumpy road. I would purchase another CC if I was to get back into the market. We shopped for over a year before purchasing a CC. Quality in my opinion is one of the better in the 5th wheel market.

Tags
cedar creek, quality