Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2015, 10:35 PM   #21

Jolee,

I just use the level up and nothing else.

Danno,
Since I reset it I have not had any issues. I hit auto level and I sets up just like it did when I hooked up at the house. Push the button to retract and the only thing I need to check is my air bags.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:32 AM   #22

Salt, thanks for the feedback...

Danno, do you put any additional stabilizers, etc on yours? I do put a rear stabilizer under the back bumper which has helped with some of the movement.

My wife is very sensitive to the movement and wants to try a tripod under the front hitch...she feels the movement is more in the front. I have tried putting 5 or 6 2x12x12 wood blocks under each level pad in the attempt to make the legs shorter, but it doesn't seem to make them shorter...don't know why?? Have either of you tried the tripod or multiple blocks stacked? We have only had this 29RE a couple of months.....
JoLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #23

As far as the tripod goes, I know more people that have ditched them than kept them. Cumbersome and something else to drag along with you. As others have stated ... you'll always have some movement in an RV. Seriously, consider some version of JT Stabilizers. They stay attached and all you have to do is tighten T handles. Put your hand on the cylinder rods and have someone walk around in the RV ... you'll feel the movement in the cylinder rods. If you're stacking blocks under all foot pads, it will simply level again to that elevated height. Try blocks under say just the front jacks.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #24

We had a Laredo 29BH. It was crazy how much it moved. I tried wheel chocks, pin tripod, and jack stands under the slide out. In the end it was all the same.

I will not bother with a tripod again...just my experience.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #25

29RE

We have a 2013 29RE and love it, the only thing I wish was for the 6 point leveling system, As far as the drawers opening while traveling place a yardstick down between the drawer handles. The on big problem is the fading on the front cap, Forest River will pay the dealer 11 hours to Sand and buff then clear coat the cap. I am going for a paint and clear coat . And I want to replace the china tires any suggestions from someone who has done this, I am worried about minimum spacing between the tires???
jackssilverback29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #26

jackssilverback29, When I get ready to purchase either my 29IK or the 29RE I have already spoke with the dealer about the tires. I told him I wanted Carlisle Tires. I have them on my current Flagstaff 5th wheel and never had a issue with them and they have many trips back and forth from Upstate NY to Myrtle Beach and all the trips in between and they still look new.
No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:19 PM   #27

I have a new 2014 29RE. lots of little adjustments and repairs I preformed myself as fit and finish is never as good as it could be. We love the unit and the auto level is great. I was gonna ditch the tires as well for some LTs but due to minimal clearance between the axles i decided against it. I just bought a tire minder tpms so at least I can monitor the bombs and hopefully avoid a disaster. I looked at lots of RVs and the structural quality is what sold me on the Cedar creek units.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #28

thor I realize there is always a few adjustments to make as I had a few myself. But what gets me is when I purchased my Flagstaff 5th wheel the salesman told me you have to remember these are RV's not cars and sometimes there is issues. My answer to him was wait a minute I'm spending at least 10 to 15 thousand more for a RV than a car and you are telling me the quality is not as good ! Why am I buying it than ? He said well these do come off an assembly line and I looked at him and said Cars and Trucks do to so I hope the quality of my RV should be the same or better as I'm paying more for it. He didn't have an answer, why do sales people think customers are stupid it just amazes me.
No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #29

We had a 2012 Silverback 29RE what a piece of crap. One problem after another with appliances, A/C and water heater. The China bombs were the final straw. We just traded it in on a Wildcat 333. Haven't been out in it yet as its at dealer getting awnings over slides and couple very minor things we asked them to take care of while they had it. I hope it is better than our Silveback. We will see.
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #30

You get a bad one sometimes, we brought a Wildcat Sterling and I think it was made by a bunch of drunks who had a party and drunker. A piece of crap. But now two Cedar Creek and we could not be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #31

We have a 2015 and so far so good... Believe the previous about the drawers opening. They must be checked before opening the slides. One thing no one mentioned was the air conditioner which is new in 2015. It is very very quiet hardly know it is running. We went for the RE because we liked all the open space. Oh on the drawers and cabinets opening we use some Velcro to hold them shut what ever you are comfortable with but just check them before opening the slides

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
denville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #32
2015 Silverback/2014 F250

I too am a proud owner of a new 2015 33lk and could not be happier. We do have the movement problem and have gave up but it is not bad. We love the stadium seating and the new placement of the larger refrigerator. The only real concern so far is the wife believes the front bedroom A/C make to much noise..I told her it is just closer, now I think she is correct. Anyone else have a loud A/C
chisumbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #33

We have a brand new 2016 33IK as well. I installed the JT Stabilizers on the front jacks and the wiggle (not the bounce) is mostly gone. We too think the front A/C is a bit loud. I may go top side and see if it needs the mounting bolts tightened a bit more.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek