Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #21

Still nothing from the dealer. Now having a hard time getting the sales guy on the phone. Losing faith that I will ever get my new rig!
flyboyerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:54 AM   #22

Got news yesterday that it now looks like our rig will not be ready till at least next weekend. Now I'm being told that not only is transport a problem there is a back order on parts. Not sure what is missing. Just know that we now have to restock our current rig to make our camping trip next weekend. I guess we will just put the basics in and be ready to take it back out again.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #23
Oklahoma Proud

I feel your pain man. We ordered our Sabre in the middle of Feb., was suppose to be built 2 weeks ago, the rep or someone dropped the ball. My dealer is po'ed as he had 2 in stock units (same model) show up that could have been swapped with my options in the line. He said retail sold always should take precedence over stock units.
Anyway was told last tuesday or wed that it was going to be another 10 days or so till offline.

Hopefully your plans wont get compromised! Best of luck!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #24

Another week and more excuses as to why it's not here yet. Anyone have a number for a Cedar Creek that I can call to see what the real story is. I can't get anything from the dealer. Starting to wonder if and when he ordered it.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #25

Sorry to hear about ur delay. All I can say is there is a major shortage of transport drivers throughout the country. There are literally hundreds of RV's sitting in empty lots at the factory's waiting for drivers. I would bet that is the problem. At least that's what I've recently learned about the delays currently.

Hope it comes soon for yah!
Cedar Bunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #26

I live about 45 minutes away from the Cedar Creek facility. Actually, about 45 minutes away from just about any of the manufacturers. Anyway, this winter and spring has been obviously crazy for them. Their lots are packed. They have campers parked everywhere around their buildings. The transporter's lots are packed with RVs they've picked up from the manufacturers and have staged in their own lots. There are normally vacant lots at closed businesses that have apparently leased their lots to someone in the RV supply chain, because they're full-up with campers, too. There are a couple transporters that have their yards at their homes filled with campers. And there's a bunch of guys running stacks of Lippert frames around, not delivering shiny new campers.

Short story long, the industry is currently overloaded. I'm sure everything is taking longer than expected, and I can see where things could really get hung up in transport. Mine took about 3 weeks to get to my dealer after completion, which is only about 30 miles away from Topeka. So hang in there, it'll hopefully show up soon!

(and do a thorough inspection when it does)
Old 05-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #27

Got an email yesterday that my rig is to be delivered today to the dealer and I should be able to pick up next Tuesday.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #28

Congrats. Enjoy your new unit!!
Cedar Bunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyerv View Post
Got an email yesterday that my rig is to be delivered today to the dealer and I should be able to pick up next Tuesday.
As to problems remember folks will post problems are looking for help, few will post about normal routine normal operations. If something is wrong, take good notes as to sequences and failure. Take pics if helpful. Notify this forum and the dealer at the same time and see who ID's it first. Its under warranty, don't take unknown chances and make it worse!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
As to problems remember folks will post problems are looking for help, few will post about normal routine normal operations. If something is wrong, take good notes as to sequences and failure. Take pics if helpful. Notify this forum and the dealer at the same time and see who ID's it first. Its under warranty, don't take unknown chances and make it worse!

Thanks for the advice vinceu!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #31

Had the rug pulled out from under us again. Got an email today that they still don't have my camper. Now it's a paperwork issue. They have had 2 months to get the paperwork in order. If the DW didn't want the camper so bad I would tell them where they could shove it.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #32

Another week, another excuse as to why it's not going to be this. Dealers says it's a paperwork issue. Going to forrest river tomorrow and see if I can figure out what's going on.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #33
Oklahoma Proud

Dang man that sux!
Maybe they'll figure it out soon and get you your camper.

Our is finally on the road, from Indiana. Left this morning, from what I'm told. Tomorrow is our week 13 from order
Best wishes! !!

Old 05-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #34

Saw a Silverback over the weekend along a creek in W. NC. I believe your wait will be worth it in the long run. That is a good looking camper. Hang in there.
Anderson 5th Wheel Hitch
Grateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #35

This is week 11 for me. At this point I have no expectation of getting it before july!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #36

Another week and more excuses as to why my unit is still not here. I called down to goshen myself and talked to the regional sales rep and he told me paperwork would be done yesterday. Well guess what, still not done. I'm starting to wonder if anybody really cares if I see this thing or not. I just want this living nightmare to be over!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #37
Oklahoma Proud

I wonder if the "paperwork" is they dealer owes the factory some money or has run out of credit? That might delay it getting shipped.

Im about as frustrated as you, was called by our factory rep tuesday at 10 am, and told our trailer had already left goshen. You would thing it should have been here, (only about 900 miles away) by now.
So much for using it this weekend!

Sorry about your hassles!

Old 06-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #38

My unit is supposed to be sitting on the dealers lot this morning! I'm scheduled for pickup tomorrow morning! Hopefully this delivery nightmare is almost over.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #39

Ok with all this drama, your going have to post some pix of the new trailer.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #40
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyerv View Post
My unit is supposed to be sitting on the dealers lot this morning! I'm scheduled for pickup tomorrow morning! Hopefully this delivery nightmare is almost over.
Hope so.
Good luck tomorrow! !!

Millertime- Sabre Handler

Tags
35qb4, cedar creek