Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2017, 12:18 AM   #1

Cedar Creek Slides Corners Open Spaces When Closed

I have posted a similar post on the other FR forum website but thought I may get more relevant response (CC) if I also posted here on the Cedar Creek thread.

I have an issue with my 2016 Cedar Creek Silverback I recently purchased as a second owner. I just noticed the open spaces at the corners of the two main slides while winterizing. I can see the ground under the trailer when the slides are in. I spent a couple of hours trying different types of products to try and seal the openings, styrofoam, weatherstripping, insulation, and chunks of "swim foam" and nothing stays put when attached with adhesives nor do they completely seal the hole. Like some others who posted on the other FR forum, I am starting to think there is something missing from all four corners. Some mentioned corner block/seals that should be screwed to the floor but that would not work on my slides because the slide room wall closes tightly against the trailer wall when the slides are out. Next stop is a dealer or two and see what they have on other units and a RV repair shop and see what they recommend.
Any suggestions here are welcome.
ionasilverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #2

Had this problem with an earlier Wildcat. Our 2016 Silverback has rubber that is attached to the area under the slide corners that are soft enough to close against the exterior slide wall to seal the corners and prevent road splashing from entering when it's raining.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #3

Try using the copper wire cleaning sponges that you can purchase at any grocery or hardware store. I use these on all of the little openings around the plumbing. I also stuff these products in the slide corners on my last 5ER. Worked great mice will not chew through copper.

Tags
cedar creek, slide