Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #1

Cedar Creek springs

Springs on my 2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS are sagging. I would like to replace them but I need to know the correct length. There are several lengths available on the net and some only vary by an inch or so. I have 7,000# axles. It's hard to crawl under there in my gravel storage lot to get an accurate measurement. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:21 PM   #2

You need to measure eye to eye. If you can't make the measurement yourself, try calling Cedar Creek.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
You need to measure eye to eye. If you can't make the measurement yourself, try calling Cedar Creek.
I get that. However the distance changes with and without a load on the spring. Not crazy about laying under it with the wheels up in air to measure.
Called Cedar Creek and left a message. They were real good about calling back. Received a call five minutes later. They didn't have the answer but referred me to Dexter the axle mfg. Called Dexter and need the serial number off the axle. Started raining so maybe tomorrow. I'm getting there.
My street side is sagging a couple inches and the springs look flat. Went through this before with a SOB.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #4

If lippert makes your frame, get model and serial number off the frame and call them next. That should have been my first recommendation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
I get that. However the distance changes with and without a load on the spring. Not crazy about laying under it with the wheels up in air to measure.
Called Cedar Creek and left a message. They were real good about calling back. Received a call five minutes later. They didn't have the answer but referred me to Dexter the axle mfg. Called Dexter and need the serial number off the axle. Started raining so maybe tomorrow. I'm getting there.
My street side is sagging a couple inches and the springs look flat. Went through this before with a SOB.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:00 PM   #5

Did a lot of digging. Cedar Creek sent me to Dexter customer service. My trailer has Dexter axles and springs. The nice people at Dexter wanted the serial number off an axle. There is a number stamped into the metal on the axle as well as printed on a label on each axle. Using that number they told me what make my trailer is and had all the info on my suspension. Every person I talked to at Cedar Creek as well as Dexter couldn't have been more helpful. If anybody cares it uses a 25 1/4" spring, 6 leaf, 3500# capacity. Their part number is 072-098-00. I decided to replace all four springs and related hardware and found an upgraded 3650# capacity spring at Eastern Marine that will fit. The slight increase in carrying capacity should help to straighten it out an I doubt it will affect the ride. Waiting for them to arrive. Will let you know how it works out in a couple weeks.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
Did a lot of digging. Cedar Creek sent me to Dexter customer service. My trailer has Dexter axles and springs. The nice people at Dexter wanted the serial number off an axle. There is a number stamped into the metal on the axle as well as printed on a label on each axle. Using that number they told me what make my trailer is and had all the info on my suspension. Every person I talked to at Cedar Creek as well as Dexter couldn't have been more helpful. If anybody cares it uses a 25 1/4" spring, 6 leaf, 3500# capacity. Their part number is 072-098-00. I decided to replace all four springs and related hardware and found an upgraded 3650# capacity spring at Eastern Marine that will fit. The slight increase in carrying capacity should help to straighten it out an I doubt it will affect the ride. Waiting for them to arrive. Will let you know how it works out in a couple weeks.

Good on you, great contribution of information. Thank you.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek