Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #1

Cedar Creek television, radio, blue ray CD, sound bar system.

We love our new Cedar Creek 34 RLSA-7, EXCEPT for the TV, radio, sound bar entertainment system. Why CC would put such a lower end system in a higher end RV? The RV specific ASA/Jensen televisions will not program to a Dish Network or any other (that I am aware of) universal remote controls. ASA electronics said their regular consumer televisions have IR codes established for programming but the newer RV specific televisions do not. So I have to use three remotes when using my TV, the Jensen remote to turn the TV on, the Vizio remote to turn the sound bar on and volume control, the Dish Network remote to change channels. Now if the radio speaker system is set where the speakers on the outside are on as well as the inside, I have to get the little remote from the Dual radio system and set the speakers. This is my fourth 5 th., wheel and by far the worst entertainment system I have seen. I just don't understand their thinking on this one.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #2

Completely agree with you on this. It is a pain to get everything turned on and set to what you want.
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Plain Old Member

In the fifth wheel we had, we gutted the whole system and bought the components we wanted. All used the same remote. Added a big sub as well. Only thing we utilized was the surround speakers in the ceiling.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #4

Unfortunately there are no speakers in the ceiling of our Cedar Creek, will have to use a sound bar. I really miss the surround sound speakers in our last two 5th., wheels which included speakers in the bedroom. In the CC it's either a sound bar and the two outside speakers or nothing. I will eventually get use to it. Glad I am not a music and sound nut or I would really have a difficult time with this system.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #5

I agree. In fact, I don't use the sound bar at all except for watching DVD movies. For TV, I just use the TV speakers. We don't have a sat system.

Skip
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #6

I agree also. I put another set of speakers on the am/fm radio so I could listen to it without using anything else.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #7
Papi

Sound system Suggestions

Yes, I agree. For a high end RV the sound system leaves a lot to be desired. I will end up changing it out but for now it will stay. Here's some ideas: since FR had the "wisdom" to remove the ceiling surround speakers why not buy a set of wireless surround speakers. No hassle to install but of course you'll need a 5.1 amplifier/system first. The Visio unit (sound bar) can't support 5.1. I plan on doing that. Not a huge problem but I sure miss the real surround effect. The speakers selection/capability also sucks! An automobile radio??? Come on guys! Anyway, otherwise we love the "tenement on wheels"!
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #8

Yes agree on the entertainment system in the CC. Ours being new will be mostly left in place for the next year or so (except the radio - remote is already dead).
I ran into the programming issue this past weekend. We purchased a new Dish Sat system (VIP211k) and wanted to setup for the tV and sound bar.
The dish remote came with a "learn" mode - so I did get the sound bar working over the weekend. Also programmed the power button for the TV. Will take some time this week to program out the rest of the buttons on this remote. I have not even looked at the DVD/Blue Ray but figure it will require the same teaching mode.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38FLCamper View Post
Yes agree on the entertainment system in the CC. Ours being new will be mostly left in place for the next year or so (except the radio - remote is already dead).
I ran into the programming issue this past weekend. We purchased a new Dish Sat system (VIP211k) and wanted to setup for the tV and sound bar.
The dish remote came with a "learn" mode - so I did get the sound bar working over the weekend. Also programmed the power button for the TV. Will take some time this week to program out the rest of the buttons on this remote. I have not even looked at the DVD/Blue Ray but figure it will require the same teaching mode.
You got your Jensen television to program to the Dish remote so it will turn on/off with the Dish remote? I tried for hours, then calls to both ASA/Jensen and Dish, they both said it couldn't be done.
Let me know how you did it.
Thanks,

Old 06-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #10

Only thing stranger is the poor quality mattresses that come standard in RVs.
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #11

We have a DISH 20.1 IR Remote...

1. Place both the dish and tv remote on a flat surface. The top of the TV remote must point at the left side of the Dish remote (there is a small window there). Must be no more than 3" apart.

2. Press and hold the mode button (TV) until all mode lights lite up.

3. Press and hold the record button until the TV button is lit up.

4. Press and release on the dish remote that you want to learn (example: power)

5. Press the same button on the TV remote.

(The little TV power button is not programmable - it works with the TV mode button and the normal power button)

I have setup the power, volume, and source buttons so far with success.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #12

DirecTV, place remote in program mode, search TV list & select Jensen. Jensen model number list does not show the model TV we have, select the search for model not found,
after several tries, the right combo is found. Unfortunately the good code is not displayed.
Both TV & Direct HD receiver function on same on/off buttons. TV volume & mute both work. This is same as our home Panasonic TV operation.
HD picture quality on the Jensen is quite good, side view from couch also OK. Better than expected from a Jensen brand. Not plasma quality but OK for RV where weight matters.
Jim
UncleFudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #13

Can you explain the CC sound system? We just picked up our's and it said it has the Blueray, sound bar, cd with ipod and iphone cradle and sub. I don't see it anywhere. I do have 4 small speakers in the ceiling. I have the Jensen radio only. The sound is not what I expected.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Can you explain the CC sound system? We just picked up our's and it said it has the Blueray, sound bar, cd with ipod and iphone cradle and sub. I don't see it anywhere. I do have 4 small speakers in the ceiling. I have the Jensen radio only. The sound is not what I expected.
If you have speakers in the ceiling then you probably don't have the sound bar. If you have the Jensen radio it should have a CD built in or maybe have Blueray if it is one of the newer ones.
Our 2014 CC 34 RLSA has the Vizio Blue Ray and sound bar and no speakers in the ceiling. The radio is a cheap Dual automotive type radio with a CD and a jack to plug an Ipod in. Sounds like you may have even a better system than I do. The single sound bar leaves a lot to be desired. The radio, speaker, CD, Blue Ray system in our Cedar Creek is a big step down from the other two 5th., wheel trailers we have had that did have speakers everywhere, even in the bedroom.
The radio, stereo, speakers, etc., is the only negative about our Cedar Creek. Everything else is GREAT!

Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #15

I checked and I don't have the blue ray, sub or sound bar. The dealer is going to check with his rep to see what happened. I played around with the stereo and it sounds bad. My Cardinal had a great radio with a sub in the ceiling. The CD/DVD/Radio combo radio has 3 speaker selections. Only 2 of the three work. A for galley B for no sound and C for outside. Does your have the same? We do love the new rig and can't wait to go camping. Minor issues that can be fixed without losing sleep.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #16
Full Timer

They changed to the sound bar and and blue ray, mid production on 2014 the older ones have the Jensen then they switched. I don't like the cheap speakers on the Jensen it is hard to hear when sitting in the slide out since they in the main part.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
Granny Frog

Question

Does anybody know what antenna they put on the new CC's? Is it a Winegard Sensar amplified antenna? We are not big television fans, but we will probably want to upgrade somewhat so we can get as many channels as possible without going to Dish or DirectTV. Most campgrounds we stay at offer cable but I want to be able to record the few network shows that we do like. Our CKTS should be in next week and we are so excited. Already at Lazydays Tucson awaiting its arrival.
2013 Sierra Denali 2500 4WD Crew Cab

Fulltimers since 6/5/13
ksjerram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #18
Full Timer

Yes it has the Sensar, we installed the wingman and it helped alot

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by life2short4nofun View Post
Yes it has the Sensar, we installed the wingman and it helped alot
X2, we also installed the Wingman. It does a good job.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #20
Mod free 5er

We changed the batwing for the Jack and just about doubled the channels we got while we were in FL. Much smaller unit and it mounts just like the batwing.
RV Jack Digital HDTV Antenna Replacement Head by King Controls White OA8000 | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jack antenna.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	35299