Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2016, 04:51 PM   #1

Ceiling fan blade replacement

So a while back my ceiling fan decided to, out of no where, break off one of the fan blades. The part that broke was the metal bracket connecting the blade to the fan. I finally got around to calling the dealer to get it replaced and initially they wanted me to drive 1.5 hour to have them replace it. Umm no, I can do it myself in about 5-10 minutes. They agreed to just ship the part to me instead.

After sending 5 pictures of everything they would need to see I got my delivery of 3 new fan blades. Yay!!!!! Oh wait it was just the blades and not the bracket. So I sent another email explaining the original wasn't right and get told sorry someone must have entered the wrong part number and the correct one will get shipped out right away.

Yesterday, I get a package delivered that weighed an odd weight for everything that I have been recently ordering. My wife opened the box up and texts me saying "I think they shipped you a whole new ceiling fan". I tell her "Are you sure? Send me a picture." Sure as a new baby will poop, they shipped me a whole new ceiling fan.

Now I just hope that bracket is in the box with the ceiling fan. LOL, SMH.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #2

At " least" they are listening 😂. ( or not ).....
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #3

Lol, now if I could get the same results by getting something replaced on our 5th wheel
Old 12-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #4

After spending more than the whole fan cost the first time getting you blades ... they went all or nothing the second time. Lowes, Menards, Home Depot carry a limited selection of blade brackets and blades in my neck of the woods should the need arise again.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:04 AM   #5

Lol yeah that's what I was thinking. Played it safe and sent the whole thing. Honestly never thought about Lowe's.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #6

You don't state what your unit is, but the fan that came in our 2005 Cardinal was suspended on a 4" rod which allowed it to swing during travel and would hit the top of thr closed slide. My solution was to install a new fan of the same sizeB but mounted direct to the ceiling. Had to level it and change the wall switch to a fan dimmer. Works great, total cost at the hardware store was less than $100.
Center Point suspension
2018 Ram Laramie 3500 6'4" box 2WD
Demco AutoSlide 18k
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #7

I had a similar experience with Amazon. Ordered a Fantastic 7350 vent fan. Two days later a really big and heavy box shows up. I just knew right away that whatever they sent was not going to fit in the bathroom ceiling opening.

Opened the big box and found they had sent FOUR fans. Apparently whoever got the order ready saw 7350 on the paperwork, looked up and saw a box marked 7350 and just sent the whole box. When I returned the three extra fans Amazon credited me for the cost of the original single fan order. Took another week to finally get them to charge the original amount again.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:11 PM   #8

Lol smh

Tags
fan, replacement