Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 11:40 AM   #21

I've actually tried doing what you said also by turning to full hot then adding in some cold but it doesn't seem to work. I only have a one lever valve handle. Do you have the same or do you have a hot and cold knob?

Where is this valve you had to replace located?

I too have a problem with the fire place opening during travel it hasn't fell of the track yet. I kinda thought there was a locking tab missing. Could you send a picture of the tab they provided you.

As for the tv audio issue I am having the same problem. I can't get the tv to connect to the other speakers. Trying to still trouble shoot this myself.
Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #22

Audio

I called the Jensen dealer who walked me through a quick menu setup that fixed the problem with audio from the tv going to the speakers. It is a quirky menu fix that is NOT apparent at first glance. ASA Electronics 877-845-8750.
Macallan 12
Grumpy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #23

We are packing the Champaigne to leave tomorrow AM. I will get back to you with more info this weekend.. But, so, you don't spend time looking for the regulator it is one like below that I put on between the hydrant and the hose.

I will get back to you on my thoughts on the heater ... I also have a single faucet on the shower.

I will get back to you

Camco Brass Water Regulator
4.0 stars
26 reviews ratings
Q&A
By: Camco
Camco Brass Water Regulator

$8.97
FREE shipping on orders $50 + FREE pickup today
Quantity:

Have a good one

Have GOODIE
grouchmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:44 PM   #24

Thanks for the audio information grunpy64.

Grouchmore I look forward to your results.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #25

Hi Grumpy

Now that I have sometime to reply.

First thing is the H20 heater.

I tried my heater, I let the shower run until hot then I gradually went to a midway position for warm H20. I noticed that the setting was very touchy. I then took off the showerhead and ran the H20 just out of the hose and it seemed a little better. I also watched/listened to the burner outside cycle on and off with the fan running continuously. From my very limited experience with the heater I have had, if the H20 flow isn't sufficient then the heater will not work, so my theory is, it could be slow in reacting if the flow isn't sufficient. I noticed that the opening in the hose is very small and the showerhead has very little water volume.
Do you have anything between the Hydrant and the fresh water inlet on the trailer that would restrict the flow?
Could you possibly have low water pressure/volume at your present location?
If that isn't the problem I am thinking that the small opening on the hose along with the small openings in the showerhead could impede the flow causing your problems.

Second item. The latch for the fireplace.

I attached a file with the information.. The person that I communicated with at CC was
Sheila McGee
Parts & Warranty Representative
260-593-4000.

Sheila took the info and got back within a day or 2 and sent me the part, I was very impressed with the service. All that you need to supply is a square head screw drive. Took longer to find the screwdriver that to put the part on.

Third item

TV audio on the sound system

I thank you for the info I will contact them next week and let you know the results.

Have a good one
Attached Files
File Type: docx Install - Rear Livingroom Fireplace Thum Lock.docx (264.2 KB, 52 views)
grouchmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #26

Grouchmore, mine is same problem. But not faulty JUST at shower.....it's same problem at all 4 water outlets

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:56 PM   #27

Hi grouchmore, champagne here. I tried executing the procedure you tried also and it did help a bit but I still continue to have problems regulating the temperature. I also tried a different shower head and pulled the restrictive washer out to get more volume but no change occurred.

I'm been talking to other people and they say the same thing. Some people are replacing it with the old style heater which I think I may do myself.

I appreciate the information on the fire place lock. I will be getting one of those asap.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:06 PM   #28

Here is what happened on my trip from Florida to the fireplace. Put together with a few brads. Now glued and screwed together Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467507953.580498.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	112878
swannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:15 PM   #29

Great info on the Champaign. It is in the running for our next fiver. Keep the updates coming. Do any you have the 200w solar panel?
speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:07 AM   #30

Oh my goodness swannie. That's not a good thing. I sure hope forestriver is looking after that for you.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:08 AM   #31

Speedcat I've got the 200 watt solar and it's working great so far.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:41 AM   #32

Champagne as with all journeys and problems along the way, you wonder why they built it that way and just repair it so it won't happen again. We figured out another way to secure the fireplace and it doesn't come open while we travel.
Speedcat our solar panels were a great addition to our Champagne.

We had another small problem when our unit went to get repaired they backed it into the service bay and bent the hitch and also bent the spare tire carrier. Left the tire hanging down. Had to replace the carrier made them move it closer to the axle.
swannie is offline   Reply With Quote