Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 11:30 AM   #1

Champagne

We have purchased a new Champagne 2017 and I cannot find the fresh H2O tank drain. Can you tell me where I can drain the tank? The drain I found just drains the washer dryer prep lines

Thanks
grouchmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:36 PM   #2
Site Team

What brand is the Champagne?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:42 PM   #3

It is the upper end of the Cedar Creek line!
Old 05-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchmore View Post
We have purchased a new Champagne 2017 and I cannot find the fresh H2O tank drain. Can you tell me where I can drain the tank? The drain I found just drains the washer dryer prep lines

Thanks

On my Cedar Creek 34RL the drain for the fresh water tank is behind the driver side wheels ahead of the rear low point drain. My water tank drain line is tie wrap to the rear spring hanger, I would look in this area.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM   #5

The fresh drain on our Cedar Creek is back behind the left rear wheel, check there you never know. Low point drains are under the storage area on the awning side.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:44 PM   #6

Champagne

Thanks

I was looking for the valve on the lines that go to the instant water heater. They were the lines the dealer told me were the drain and overflow for the tank.

After looking more I didn find them just infront of the tire.

Thanks for the help
Old 05-31-2016, 06:44 PM   #7

How about some pictures of the new Cedar Creek

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:30 PM   #8

champagne

Here are a few pictures of it when it was less than a week old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0790 2.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	109740   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0787.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	109742  
Old 06-01-2016, 06:18 AM   #9
wls

Quote:
Thanks

I was looking for the valve on the lines that go to the instant water heater. They were the lines the dealer told me were the drain and overflow for the tank.

After looking more I didn find them just infront of the tire.

Thanks for the help
Theres a valve located thru the small steel cover on the on-demand heater. Taks 2 screws out, I believe its a blue 1/4 turn valve. That will drain the water out of the heater plate. In there is also where you can adjust the hot water temp, I maxed mine out to 130.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Here are a few pictures of it when it was less than a week old.

That's one pretty camper. Have fun

Old 06-04-2016, 12:48 PM   #11

How do you like your Champagne? My husband and I have finally decided this is the 5th wheel we are going to get. It will be a few months but we can't wait. Any tips?
Bllogsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bllogsdon View Post
How do you like your Champagne? My husband and I have finally decided this is the 5th wheel we are going to get. It will be a few months but we can't wait. Any tips?
Not to confuse you any but I hear thru the grapevine that Cedar Creek is changing up some of their line up, but for the good. Hopefully details will be on the web site but some very nice changes coming to the Hathaway Line also, from what I saw they look like they will compete with each other.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #13

I would like to get a 36CKTS but in about three months I'll probably look at a 16 model.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #14

So far we like most things about it.

Things we don't like

1. Tires are an off brand made in China. I miss read the information and thought I was getting Goodyear G rated tires which come on the Silverback not Champagne. That was my fault.

2. One cannot sit at the table with your back to the wall not enough distance between the wall and table. Only will work if table is in the rotated position.

3. Didn't come with a H2O filter.

4. Heavy on the pin weight. We didn't take note that the back of the trailer is all seating and tv/fireplace, SO, all your storage is located from the axles forward therefore everything stored puts weight on the pin.

5. We are having problems with the slide out fireplace. Something is missing to lock it in the closed position. We are taking it back to a dealer to have it checked/repaired.

These are all things that we should have investigated further but except for the tires We are very happy with the unit.

The word that most people say then entering the unit say is "WOW".

I am sure after fixing minor things you will be happy with your decision.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #15

grouchmore, even with your few issues you got a very nice unit, it was high on our list for the next unit good luck and enjoy it.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #16

Many of us with H2O filters wish they were not there! Stupid expensive compared to spigot to blue filter to system.
In years of camping, never any issue with in line filters available most anywhere.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:41 AM   #17

That is a handy table/desk, and I like the stove. Did they do away with the propane all together?

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #18

The table/desk is a handy idea but the down side is if you want to just sit down without setting up, rotating the table, the chair facing towards the back is unusable. Otherwise it is great.

Propane/LP is still used for the furnace and instant H2O heater.

I am installing a Culligan H2O filter in the docking station compartment for sediment and rust, replacement filters cost around $5.

I have questions on what truck you will be using to pull your new "dream" but I will start a new post for that.

Have a good one
Old 06-30-2016, 01:46 AM   #19

Hi grouchmore, I own a champagne edition also and I'm having a real issue regulating the water temperature with this new on demand water heater especially in the shower it's either scolding hot or freeze you out. Are you having any better luck with yours??

Thanks.
Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
Hi grouchmore, I own a champagne edition also and I'm having a real issue regulating the water temperature with this new on demand water heater especially in the shower it's either scolding hot or freeze you out. Are you having any better luck with yours??

Thanks.
Sorry to say we have not used our shower yet. So far we have only spent 1 week in it and the next 2 weeks we will be out we will be using pubic showers again as sewer hook up will not be available. But from our experience we have found out that at first our heater will not turn on and have found the problem was an insuffiant supply of H20... I had a bad/restrictng pressure regulator on the hose when I removed it the heater worked and after I purchased a new regullator it worked.

So the only advise I can give you is what the dealer tle told us
1. Turn only the hot H20 on full power
2. Wait until you get hot H20
2. When it gets to hot just slowly reduce the hot with cold until the right temp is achieved.
Hope this works.

Another problem we had was the latch on the fireplace drawer was missing and the fireplace came off the slides. After contacting the factory they have a simple fix and supplyed me with a latch. That problem is solved.

Could you tell me if you are able to play audio from the tv through the amp speakers? I cannot, the dvd will play through the amp speakers but not the tv. I was told that aux 2 should play the tv throught the amp but it doesn't. I think the audio out from the tv to the amp wire is missing.

Have a good one.

Hope this works for you.