Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
BLKSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 23
Champagne 38EL issues

I have a 2016 Champagne 38EL, the leather on the reclining love seats is just disintegrating? And I'm reading there is a lot of complaints with Lazy Boy about this, anyone else having this issue?

Second thing is the front two cap lights just quit working, I've chased down everything I can think of. Fuse is good, wires are intact, lights themselves look good and the switch seems good.

If anybody has any ideas about these issues, I'd be glad to listen.

Thanks,
Tyler
__________________

BLKSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
Second thing is the front two cap lights just quit working, I've chased down everything I can think of. Fuse is good, wires are intact, lights themselves look good and the switch seems good.

If anybody has any ideas about these issues, I'd be glad to listen.

Thanks,
Tyler
I would suspect the switch. Mine has always been funky. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
__________________

__________________
Hugh and Fran
"Riley" the dog
2018 Cedar Creek 38EL Champagne
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
Shipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berryville, Arkansas
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
I have a 2016 Champagne 38EL, the leather on the reclining love seats is just disintegrating? And I'm reading there is a lot of complaints with Lazy Boy about this, anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
Tyler
Our CC didn't come with it, but we bought La-Z-boy theater seating with the fake leather. In no time, it started cracking, then peeling. La-Z-Boy would not stand behind it. We also had a plastic part fail on the electric reclining mechanism. That was covered by warranty, but never should have failed. At home, we have a sofa with two recliners built in to it. Twice, the pull handles have broken. We are average people, not heavy and we are not rough with our stuff. I've learned my lesson...no more La-Z-Junk for me!
__________________


2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
BLKSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Our CC didn't come with it, but we bought La-Z-boy theater seating with the fake leather. In no time, it started cracking, then peeling. La-Z-Boy would not stand behind it. We also had a plastic part fail on the electric reclining mechanism. That was covered by warranty, but never should have failed. At home, we have a sofa with two recliners built in to it. Twice, the pull handles have broken. We are average people, not heavy and we are not rough with our stuff. I've learned my lesson...no more La-Z-Junk for me!
Yeah, I'm beginning to feel the same.
__________________
2016 CC Champagne
2014 F250 SRW, Firestone Air bags, 50 gal fuel tank,Big Ass loud Air Horn for the dumb asses that cut me off
BLKSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Fifth Wheelers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 124
I own a 2016 38el also and the seats started peeling after the 2nd year. Had someone come in and try to repair, the repair lasted 2 months. Lazyboy does not make the RV seating, they are manufactured by a company in the US. They just use the Lazyboy name. The color for the 2016 is no longer made. I was lucky and found a company on Amazon that bought out the remaining stock and purchased the theater seating for around $650. After several tries got CC to reimburse me. Good luck....
__________________
2016 Champagne EL38
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 DWD
Fifth Wheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
BLKSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Wheelers View Post
I own a 2016 38el also and the seats started peeling after the 2nd year. Had someone come in and try to repair, the repair lasted 2 months. Lazyboy does not make the RV seating, they are manufactured by a company in the US. They just use the Lazyboy name. The color for the 2016 is no longer made. I was lucky and found a company on Amazon that bought out the remaining stock and purchased the theater seating for around $650. After several tries got CC to reimburse me. Good luck....
Jeez....yeah it's not looking good.
__________________

__________________
2016 CC Champagne
2014 F250 SRW, Firestone Air bags, 50 gal fuel tank,Big Ass loud Air Horn for the dumb asses that cut me off
BLKSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« 34IK | KW-1 filter »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.


×