Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #1

Champagne 38EL issues

I have a 2016 Champagne 38EL, the leather on the reclining love seats is just disintegrating? And I'm reading there is a lot of complaints with Lazy Boy about this, anyone else having this issue?

Second thing is the front two cap lights just quit working, I've chased down everything I can think of. Fuse is good, wires are intact, lights themselves look good and the switch seems good.

If anybody has any ideas about these issues, I'd be glad to listen.

Thanks,
Tyler
BLKSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
Second thing is the front two cap lights just quit working, I've chased down everything I can think of. Fuse is good, wires are intact, lights themselves look good and the switch seems good.

If anybody has any ideas about these issues, I'd be glad to listen.

Thanks,
Tyler
I would suspect the switch. Mine has always been funky. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
Shipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSVT View Post
I have a 2016 Champagne 38EL, the leather on the reclining love seats is just disintegrating? And I'm reading there is a lot of complaints with Lazy Boy about this, anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
Tyler
Our CC didn't come with it, but we bought La-Z-boy theater seating with the fake leather. In no time, it started cracking, then peeling. La-Z-Boy would not stand behind it. We also had a plastic part fail on the electric reclining mechanism. That was covered by warranty, but never should have failed. At home, we have a sofa with two recliners built in to it. Twice, the pull handles have broken. We are average people, not heavy and we are not rough with our stuff. I've learned my lesson...no more La-Z-Junk for me!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Our CC didn't come with it, but we bought La-Z-boy theater seating with the fake leather. In no time, it started cracking, then peeling. La-Z-Boy would not stand behind it. We also had a plastic part fail on the electric reclining mechanism. That was covered by warranty, but never should have failed. At home, we have a sofa with two recliners built in to it. Twice, the pull handles have broken. We are average people, not heavy and we are not rough with our stuff. I've learned my lesson...no more La-Z-Junk for me!
Yeah, I'm beginning to feel the same.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #5

I own a 2016 38el also and the seats started peeling after the 2nd year. Had someone come in and try to repair, the repair lasted 2 months. Lazyboy does not make the RV seating, they are manufactured by a company in the US. They just use the Lazyboy name. The color for the 2016 is no longer made. I was lucky and found a company on Amazon that bought out the remaining stock and purchased the theater seating for around $650. After several tries got CC to reimburse me. Good luck....
Old 06-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Wheelers View Post
I own a 2016 38el also and the seats started peeling after the 2nd year. Had someone come in and try to repair, the repair lasted 2 months. Lazyboy does not make the RV seating, they are manufactured by a company in the US. They just use the Lazyboy name. The color for the 2016 is no longer made. I was lucky and found a company on Amazon that bought out the remaining stock and purchased the theater seating for around $650. After several tries got CC to reimburse me. Good luck....
Jeez....yeah it's not looking good.

« 34IK | KW-1 filter »