Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2017, 02:50 AM   #1

Champagne and sat prewire

Fr advertised the sat president is for King sat. This IS not for HD. I had to purchase different brand dish to get HD. The prewire is only a coax and no control cables. My tech is having to run a control bunch of wires. Fr charges $78 for one coax cable.
Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #2

Welcome to RV electronics. Don't think they know about HD or Blu-ray. They build several thousand high end units that rival the housing industry,and then install 1970 and 80 technology. Then they act really surprised when their remotes and central controls don't work.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #3

We did not have to install any additional cables. We used the existing cable that is prewired. We have the Winegard G2+ which has a device that places power on the cable for the satellite. We like having one cable that does not require other control wires. Placed the device on the cable behind the tv and it supplied power to the roof mounted satellite dish.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #4

Champagne satellite prewire

I also have the prewire option and am thinking about the G2 dish mounted to the top. I have questions for you. Can you email me so I can ask a few questions or maybe call you? Thanks. my email if pfish48@hotmail.com
pfish48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfish48 View Post
I also have the prewire option and am thinking about the G2 dish mounted to the top. I have questions for you. Can you email me so I can ask a few questions or maybe call you? Thanks. my email if pfish48@hotmail.com

Just sent you a private message.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:12 AM   #6

what setting do you use on your tv when using the G2+? Hdmi or Hdmi2? right now i have my permanent direct tv dish going through the docking area to both living and bedroom tvs and i select HDMI 2. I guess when I am traveling, I will have to reset the dish from the permanent dish to the G2+, Correct?
pfish48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #7

If I understand your question correctly (and I may not have), that setting has nothing to do with the receiver or the satellite dish. Most TV's now have two HDMI ports (1 and 2). I have one TV that has 5 HDMI ports. You just have to tell the TV which port you have plugged the HDMI cable into from the "source" menu. It doesn't care which one you use, just pick one (although one of my newer tv's has one port labeled "highest quality", but that whole discussion is a side issue to this).

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote