Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #21

Looked at this CC Saturday at the Houston RV show. Was not overly impressed with it. Did see some features that would be nice to have in the Classic CC. Some features like not the failing LED lights which are plastic. The Champagne had glass LED covers. I will stay with my classic CC thank you!

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #22

Picking up our Cchampagn 38el on the 18th. Will put some pictures up when we get it.
Total Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #23

Congrats bliss on picking up your Champagne. Our Champagne 38EL showed up on Friday so we went to dealer to look it over and were very disappointed in build quality. Cabinet doors not hung correctly, seam tape covering wall panel joints falling off, one ceiling panel coming apart, wrong size bed. There is more to list. They plan on having it ready by this weekend so we'll see.
swannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #24

Feeling a little queezy now. Hope they get it right for you.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #25

That's not good and we are heading to the factory at the end of the month to hopefully see the new floor plan the 38ERL
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:13 PM   #26

Well I hope that your Champagne is better. We also ordered the unit with rocker recliners and they won't ready until sometime in April so they put in what they had and will correct it later. This unit never went to PDI like I wanted.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #27

They were not able to correct all the problems with my champagne because they had to order a new ceiling panel and queen mattress. So we wait a little longer.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #28

We are finally in our champagne without getting all the repairs finished. We are really enjoying all the room and are getting things settled in. We are not happy with the service at Lazydays in Florida and will not recommend anyone going to them. They told me that it was all set to pick up and all repairs were not done. Not even close? Waited for a week and were mislead on timing of last repair to dining slide ceiling. Another week has gone by and still no word on getting it fixed. They are still waiting for parts from Cedar Creek.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:22 AM   #29

CAUTION: May be a long post!!
Picked up our Champagne from JEFF COUCH'S RV NATION a few weeks ago. Did not want to post anything until we were satisfied.
Drove about 375 miles <>. Loved the drive with my Buddy my wife. Brannon, who was our salesman, met us and things started to happen....for the good. Did the PDI. Some items were found to be unsatisfactory.
Now let me explain. Our dealer is not responsible for anything, but taking the order and receiving and prepping. They are not responsible for factory fault. As far as I am concerned, Jeff Couch has the best dealership I have encountered. I did not get upset or start yelling that I spent a lot of money.
Items are as follows:
Buff scratches on walls outside
Burnish mark on a decal
Bump-out on kitchen slide
Dent on skirting
Big issue on the shower stall
Scratched dinette chair
Opted for recliners
Opted for cabinet doors instead of wine ref. and wine rack
Opted for no mirror or hooks in bedroom
Now these are my issues that were of concern. Jeff Couch got involved and set up a phone call for me from Forest River to handle our situation. If I ever wanted someone to handle any transaction for me; I want Jeff Couch. I received the call a couple of days later, Monday.
Denise called and was very pleasant and professional. After discussing and figuring all the WHATS AND HOWS, the ball started to move. They sent a transporter to pick it up at my convenience. I picked it up at my convenience at FR. to make sure it was all done. Perfect! It took a couple of days. Denise took us on a tour of the plant; very impressive.
Denise knows her job. She is wonderful and very professional. We also met Jerid who is one of the techs who was also very helpful.
I want to mention all of who helped us:
Brannon: Salesman, I think he lives on his phone and computer. Never once did I have to chase him.
Jeremy: PDI
Kelly: Parts
Dave: Title and paperwork
Jeff Couch: Unbelievable
Denise: Awesome, Forest River
Jerid: Great, Forest River
I guess my point is, if you let these people help, they will take care of things. Every RV built has some sort of flaw or flaws. They are not built by robots, but by humans. You can say, "I paid a lot of money for my RV" and want perfection; it won't happen. If you expect that, don't buy one, save your aggrivation for something else. Don't go into your dealer ranting and raving. I would not take that from anyone when I was doing construction. No one should be talked down to. I can not say enough about a great experience!!!!!

2016 Silverado Dually
2016 Cedar Creek Champagne 38el
Old 04-10-2016, 06:33 AM   #30

Total Bliss great post and it shows how to handle things in a way to get results, I have dealt with Denise and Jerid both at Cedar Creek and what you say about them is so true, great people to represent Cedar Creek and wonderful to work with. Enjoy your new camper and curios how did the change from the wine fridge turn out as that would be something we would do also.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:16 AM   #31

Cedar Creek

Ditto on compliments to Denise Davis at FR.
We are in Atlanta and we had issues last year ( under warranty ) that FR
paid for at a recommended overflow shop. The factory was backed up for months out until mid winter and THEN we could not get our rv out of the mountains safely and up to Goshen...
( a lovely winter paradise )
We will be attending the Rally and have a few final things to attend to there and prior. Diane had an "extra" which rarely happens, Oyster 2016 cap and offered it as an option to the Mocha Brown. I took it! Silverback looks great and we have forgotten the brown cap and bear logo!
Gotta do what you gotta do!!
See ya'll at the rally. Albeit not looking for August too quickly. Lots of fun stuff in between now and then!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #32

Good to read this, Total Bliss.

I have driven Brannon nuts, not just for a week or two.........but since last August. We visited there to ensure that's where we wanted to buy. Since then we have literally driven him insane. Most emails are answered in 2 minutes, even on weekends. It's 9:17 Sunday morning, and I guarantee if I ask him an email question, he answers. I did notice on their 'sales board' that he is over and away their top salesman.

He has told me several times "I don't know about that", on some crazy technical question I had. Why is that important? To me, the most important thing a salesman can say is "I don't know".......so long as it's not about everything! A guy that is full of bullfeathers is of no use to me. Don't make up stuff. Don't lie. Brannon has answered everything, and when one issue got sticky, he simply got me in touch with the factory.........where I discussed at length with a Manager the issue, and the question..........and whom I still converse with occasionally.

We went to our local dealer. He is A) $27,000 +- higher than Couch's, and B) have yet to call me after 5 visits, salesman just gave me his card. Brannon has answered every single question I ever asked, almost immediately. For these reasons, we ordered from them, 10 hours away, and are waiting on our unit to be built.

My suggestion is that you simply cut/paste your Post above and email it to Brannon. It's not my place, but I'd do it. It would tickle him.

I'm SURE they have made some folks mad. They sell 1,600 units a year after all. And I have no experience with their service (and at 10 hours, probably never will). But so far, the pre-buying, ordering, experience is as good as it gets.

And that's my long post about it all!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #33

Thanks BandJCarm,
I did send a copy of email to Brannon and yes i too think it's important to let these people know when they do a great job as i think by nature we tend to only post a review when we have a complaint. We all like to hear that we are appreciated!

2016 Silverado Dually
Old 04-11-2016, 12:49 AM   #34

Total Bliss
Don't take want I said the wrong way. Denise has been very helpful in getting several of the problems fixed re: the wrong sized bed and getting the ceiling panel corrected. With being here in Florida and living in another area we are running out of time here. Lazydays has misplaced the ceiling panels after they were sent to them. Were reordered on one day but they were really ordered 5 days later and we were shown the email from Denise then. So a week later when I called the parts are there somewhere but we have not got the okay to bring our unit in. Hopefully they will get in soon because we will be leaving Florida in 2 weeks. Sounds like we just about ordered the Champagnes the same way. Like I said it really is a great unit and look forward to several years of travel with it.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:16 AM   #35

Information for the 38ERL has seemed to leave the forest river web page. Does anyone know why??

Danny & Esther
2016 38RD Hathaway Edition
2016 F350 Dully
MURRAY5476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:26 AM   #36

We were told when we picked up oue cc champagne el that the erl floorplan was scrapped due to weight issues with the prototype.

2016 Silverado Dually
Old 04-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #37

Denise at the Factory has been wonderful for us as well. We dragged the CC38FL out to the Factory on the 4th of April and they put on a new front cap (Oxidation) and went through the whole rig to ensure there were no other problems. A few other minor issues including adjusting the rear slides that were not resting on the outside wall when open, they even cleaned and painted the stairs just to have them looking clean and new. 8 hours later and we were ready to go and all of these items outside of warranty.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote