Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #1

Cheesy sound system.

Went to the local RV show yesterday. Our favorite was the Silverback line. Nice layouts, nice interior appointments. However what is with the two cheesy speakers for the tv? They look like Kmart $39.00 specials and sound like it too. Our SOB 5er has 4 speakers and a subwoofer for the stereo. I didn't notice any other speakers in the living area. Too me it's by no means a deal breaker but it still puzzles me that FR would dumb down the sound system. I know that most put cheap speakers in RV's but our SOB actually sounds pretty darn good while watching a movie. I can't imagine watching a movie and having to listen to those two tiny speakers.

Did I miss something, are there more speakers in the 2015 Silverbacks?
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #2

At least you have inside speakers,We have a 2013 cc38ckts Radio is hooked up to out side speakers,and no inside speakers.
linjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:24 AM   #3

They all do it. It is just one example of ways to keep cost within their price point.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by linjen View Post
At least you have inside speakers,We have a 2013 cc38ckts Radio is hooked up to out side speakers,and no inside speakers.

You don't have a sound bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #5

My 2014 Silverback has 4 speakers in the ceiling and a subwoofer behind paneling, plus outside speakers. Ours didn't come with a soundbar. The Jensen TV is sound limited so I'm replacing it soon. The sound system puts out pretty good sound but the TV alone doesn't.

They change the sound system a couple times a year it seems. My suggestion: if you happen to buy when things are exceptionally cheesy, just replace with something better.
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:54 PM   #6
CCRVOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by linjen View Post
My "car" stereo nor my television was connected properly. Using your stereo, you will be able to switch between the soundbar inside and the two outside speakers.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote