Old 10-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #1

Connect my Galaxy Tablet A to my hdmi on Jenson tv?

I would like to stream netflix movies from my tablet to my tv. I'm not very good at this stuff and wonder if anyone else does this and what do I need to do it? Which cables, etc. Oh, it is not a smart tv.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #2

Try chromecast

I just use Chromecast for this function. The dongle for the TV is $35 available at Walmart, Staples, Best Buy. You will need a good internet connection. For the RV I use a Ubiquiti nanostation and it's Airstation wireless router.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
I would like to stream netflix movies from my tablet to my tv. I'm not very good at this stuff and wonder if anyone else does this and what do I need to do it? Which cables, etc. Oh, it is not a smart tv.
Are you streaming over a cellular network? If so, I hope you have an unlimited data plan.

With unlimited data (or perhaps the Ubiquiti equipment mentioned by @Bocamo) you could purchase HDMI adapter (search Google or Amazon) and an HDMI cable (assuming your TV has an HDMI input).
Old 10-17-2016, 05:38 PM   #4

If your TV has an HDMI input jack....

Buy a USB to HDMI cable to connect to your tablet.

There seems to be an endless list of conversion cables available. So it will depend on what kind of inputs you have on your TV.

Here is one site. NOTE: I have never ordered anything from them. There are probably other options available. Audio Video Cables, Extenders and Control Devices | C2G
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #5

streaming

the ubiquiti antenna and wireless router mentioned above is for amplifying and using the parks' wi-fi. All my devices then just log into the local network in the RV. The cost is less than $100.

The benefit of using something like Chromecast is that it is wireless. Your tablet can be next to you for actions like pause. Also it gives you choices from the internet such as Netflix and Amazon prime.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
If your TV has an HDMI input jack....

Buy a USB to HDMI cable to connect to your tablet.
I don't believe Galaxy Tabs have USB connections - at least I've never seen one that does. The Galaxy Tab HDMI adapter is what the OP wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocamo View Post
the ubiquiti antenna and wireless router mentioned above is for amplifying and using the parks' wi-fi. All my devices then just log into the local network in the RV. The cost is less than $100.

The benefit of using something like Chromecast is that it is wireless. Your tablet can be next to you for actions like pause. Also it gives you choices from the internet such as Netflix and Amazon prime.
The ubiquiti stuff is great if the park has WiFi - not so much if the park doesn't have WiFi.

Chromecast is pretty slick. Of course, it requires WiFi to work.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #7

I would bet if you use the campground wifi for this you will be cut off or blocked as a good number of them limit bandwidth and do not permit streaming.
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #8

I carry a laptop with a HDMI port to hook to my tv in our MH. That allows me to use my laptop as a dvd player, or to play movies that I had already downloaded. Our tv is a smart tv, but we do use chromecast on some TV's at home that are not smart TV's. My son set up their smart phone so it can play through chromecast to play movies, as they have an unlimited data plan.
If you don't get the answer you need here, do a google search for hooking up your tablet to your tv without wifi there are some web sites out there that show how.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsworld View Post
If you don't get the answer you need here ....
He has his answer. I provided it in the second response to his OP.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #10

Netflix hopefully you have unlimited data. I found downloading movies was easier/faster ahead of time.

I use my Note 5 to download movies at home. Then I have a Sony Blu ray player with screen mirror built in. I connect the DVD player to the tv, connect my phone using quick connect (wireless) AKA screen mirror and watch my movie. Granted I can't do anything on the phone while the movie is playing but it's generally late at night and/or raining so I don't need to use it for anything else.

I have this Sony https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-BDPS...&wl13=&veh=sem

Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote