Old 01-05-2016, 10:54 PM   #51

scott regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:22 AM   #52
Originally Posted by Sterlingsilver View Post
Just for the record, the residential fridge draws very little power, around 80 watts. Almost any TV power feed can supply this. Any battery should do while on the road. Only issue is that it takes a 2000 watt inverter to handle the starting surge when the fridge cycles. The cycle is only a few seconds long. CC supplied a 1000 watt inverter and it was always dropping out on the road. I replaced it with the 2000 watt unit and have never had another problem.

My inverter is 1000 watts that came on camper, so I need at least 2000 watts. Go figure the batteries were cheap. I have a 2500 watt inverter that I'm not using, I was planning on hooking up that inverter to another bank of batteries. I guess I could hookup two banks of batteries to one inverter. What I really need is to install solar panels on roof and DW will not let me do that, drilling holes in the roof and me do it is a no no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:03 AM   #53
Sterlingsilver, thanks. CW is replacing my 2-12v with 4-6v batteries. If this doesn't work I may try that.
Mahlstedtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:28 AM   #54
12v deep cycle batteries tend to a little below 100 amps so if you hook 2x90's together you get 180 amps.

6v batteries tend to be a little over 200 amps so if you hook 4 of them up in series and parallel that are 215 amps you get 430 amps at 12v.

Even if you hook up 4 12's that 360 amps compared to 430.

I have 4 6v's in my 36CKTS that are hooked together and I have no issues.

DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote