Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Or treat it like a Ford or Dodge and use baling wire or a coat hanger.
I'll have you know I never used a coat hanger or baling wire, duct tape works as well and acts like a dust cap at the same time.








__________________

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #12
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I'll have you know I never used a coat hanger or baling wire, duct tape works as well and acts like a dust cap at the same time.
Kinda hard to get duct tape in the cotter pin hole. I didn't know a Ford could run without baling wire. Coat hangers are probably too much of a long term fix for a Ford, they don't rust fast enough.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Kinda hard to get duct tape in the cotter pin hole. I didn't know a Ford could run without baling wire. Coat hangers are probably too much of a long term fix for a Ford, they don't rust fast enough.
only a chebby guy would try to poke duct tape in the hole.


__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 PM   #14
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
only a chebby guy would try to poke duct tape in the hole.
Seems to me you were the one that said you used duct tape, not me.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Seems to me you were the one that said you used duct tape, not me.
Yah but you poke it in the hole I just wrap the whole thing AKA dust cap.


__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #16
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Yah but you poke it in the hole I just wrap the whole thing AKA dust cap.
No, I said it's kinda hard to poke it in a hole. Kinda hard to keep the nut on using duct tape as a dust cover. So, I just assumed you being a Ford guy you had figured out how to do it because you couldn't find any baling wire.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #17
Rich and Char
 
rich and char's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
No, I said it's kinda hard to poke it in a hole. Kinda hard to keep the nut on using duct tape as a dust cover. So, I just assumed you being a Ford guy you had figured out how to do it because you couldn't find any baling wire.
Hey you oldcoot, isn't past your bed time ?? or did you have a late nap today.
__________________
2011 F350/CC/LB/Diesel/Dually/Bilsteins
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/Trail-Air/Pullrite 20.5K Super 5th/TST-507RV
rich and char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:19 PM   #18
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich and char View Post
Hey you oldcoot, isn't past your bed time ?? or did you have a late nap today.
Another member of the baling wire crowd is heard from.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:25 PM   #19
Rich and Char
 
rich and char's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 61
nope, a big diaper pin I stole from you...

__________________
2011 F350/CC/LB/Diesel/Dually/Bilsteins
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/Trail-Air/Pullrite 20.5K Super 5th/TST-507RV
rich and char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #20
Rich and Char
 
rich and char's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich and char View Post
nope, a big diaper pin I stole from you...

It's all good fun , have a good weekend .
__________________

__________________
2011 F350/CC/LB/Diesel/Dually/Bilsteins
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/Trail-Air/Pullrite 20.5K Super 5th/TST-507RV
rich and char is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.