Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #1

Cracked shower surround

Well we were in Michigan over the weekend and I was able to install a new shower head in my stall. The wife took a shower and when she got out she asked how the seat in the shower surround got cracked. Neither one of us use the seat in the shower, we place soap and shampoo on if. We just purchased a 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage. Thank goodness we are still under warranty. How the heck is the crack going to be fixed? I'm kind of worried about it. It is a one piece shower surround, if will not fit through any door. I have included a picture, it was dark so I hope people can see. It is a large crack that is away from the drain. Does anyone know if this has happened to anyone? How do they repair something like this? Thank guys and happy trails!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-280716856.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	40109  
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

If it were me, I would silicone it or use weather proof awning tape on it for now and make sure I went to the 2014 Goshen rally and have them fix it there for free and not mess with the warranty.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #3

It is a cottage, very hard to pull. I don't have a tow vehicle anyway. I'm a seasonal in a resort.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

I suggest you work with your dealer. I do know that the shower is repairable but I'm not sure exactly what is used. Probably a type of epoxy resin. I had one with a heel divot in baby blue and after the repair you could not find it. It is up to CC to decide whether to repair or replace. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #5

Thanks, sometimes I miss the old carriage. Never had any problems with it. We do really like the Cedar Creek though.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #6

Ray,
I agree with Ducky. If the dealer does not want to do anything, call the factory. In our unit there was a chip/crack. The factory had it repaired, and you can not see it at all. When it was done, the service tech had me look at it and OK it, before he left. As always, Cedar Creek is 100% customer orientated!!!!

Hope this helps and God bless,
Mike
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #7

Thanks, my dealer is wonderful I left a message on Saturday. I'm sure everything will work out. I have never had a crack in shower so I'm a little worried. I just found it too, so it was able to get longer. Like a broken windshield.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #8

I had a service tech from the company that manufactured the shower come out to repaid the crack. You are right I can't tell where it was. I was there it took two hours to repair. Forest river took care of my concern. Nice!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #9

If it is a new unit they should replace the shower enclosure either it was installed incorrectly or was defective it shouldn't ever crack like that.
brokenaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #10

I agree. However it is way to big to pull out. Fixing in place was the only solution. It looks good and I still have until next August for remainder of warranty. I will see what happens. Apparently this happens and usually the repairs hold up well. It is fiberglass and is easily repairable.