Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2017, 11:08 AM   #1

decent cedar creek dealers Texas?

Looking for recommendations or "STAY AWAY" froms on Cedar Creek dealers in Texas or a bordering state.
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:18 AM   #2

I have read poor reviews for Fun Town, not sure how well they deal on the sales side
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I have read poor reviews for Fun Town, not sure how well they deal on the sales side
Fun Town has good prices, and not so good service. They are one of the largest selling dealers in the country.
RV dealers are different than car dealers, in that RV dealers are not franchises and therefore do not have to give you any service. Make sure everything works when you buy, and work with Cedar Creek on warranty issues. That is the best you can hope for.
If your expectations are any higher than that, you will be deeply disappointed.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 PM   #4

yeah I've read the reviews on fun town.. and my other local. Neither ever have on their lot the options I would want, so I'm down to ordering.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #5

What part of Texas are you located?
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith52 View Post
What part of Texas are you located?
north of houston
Old 09-28-2017, 08:37 PM   #7

I purchased my CC from Funtown Houston. I was happy with the sale and trade. My salesman was not pushy and worked with us. I shopped all around the state looking at CC's and they had the best trade and pricing. Highly recommend them. I have not used them for service. Have performed all service myself.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:55 PM   #8

I am a proud customer of funtown. If you want a great deal on a new cedar Creek and the best trade in offer, go to funtown. If you want service, go elsewhere. My Google rating is on their website and I finally had to go to the frog rally in Goshen Indiana to get my warranty work done. Funtown in incompetent.
Kodiak Disc Brakes
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:16 AM   #9

We bought ours from FunTown in Cleburne and I would never ever set foot in that place again. To actually describe them would most likely get me kicked off this board.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:08 AM   #10

I tried working with Fun Town Cleburne/Denton this spring on a new 33IK. Although they were helpful and seemed to want my business, they really pushed to me to buy a unit from their inventory, which didn't have any of the options I wanted. I ended getting the best deal from Camping World (formerly RV-Max). I've met a few people on the road that bought a CC from Tyler RV Center in Tyler, TX. They seemed to be satisfied with the deal they got and the service.
2017 RAM 3500 SRW
Bob_Sback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #11

Ancira on I 10 between Boerne and San Antonio. The sales guys are not worth the time of day, but they are not pushy and easy, but YOU need to follow up, in fact you really need to make the sale as they don't. They had a CC i was wanting to buy and the price was right, but I never made a connection, he was off or out of town etc. Then I went to another sales guy, same story, well I am off tomorrow, but will call when I get back, he didn't but I did, but the connection never made.

In this case I ad found a CC exactly what I wanted at FunTown, just N of Waco and as it had the right interior colors grabbed it. Sales guy was good, but he hands you off to some finance guy who wants to sell you a warranty that you grand kids will be making payments on and of course it ONLY good at Funtown at THAT store. This was an all cash sale and it still took hours to get out. Prob there 6 hrs and they knew we were coming, had an appt, knew it was all cash sale and still the nut roll.

I would still do business with Ancira and in fact have the service dept is good, prices fair and they have a good selection of RV's and AND they move them like crazy, their prices are hard to beat and maybe that is the problem with sales folks, they sell a lot of RV's and the waiting room is full of people waiting to talk to a sales guy. I would say give them a shot at your business. I am sure if they one they had, had been exactly the color scheme my wife wanted I would pursued it a lot harder, but she was not all that excited on the color of the interior.
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #12

We will be in Alamo for the winter, no issues right now but for future reference is there a good CC service department in Southern Texas?
crrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #13

Will have to agree with dkritter's comment about Funtown Cleburne. Their constant staff turnover, incompetent service and sales staff that knows NOTHING about the units has helped us to look elsewhere for our next 5er.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #14

We love our unit we got from Funtown Cleburne. We actually ordered one from the factory after seeing it at the RV show. But the service, NOPE. Had a couple of very minor issues that were finally fixed but they seem lost over there. Like no one tells anyone else what's going on. Honestly am glad we are out of warranty, now we'll go somewhere else.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crrod View Post
We will be in Alamo for the winter, no issues right now but for future reference is there a good CC service department in Southern Texas?
Bob Jones RV in South Houston.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #16

😂😂😂, decent dealer !
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, dealer