Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
We use velcro roll cut to fit. No problems so fsr. Freezer we wedge a croc shoe under to keep closed. We have storms-clear plexiglass. I never leave home without a good tool kit, gorilla tape, self tapping screws and a good drill.
Dakota CCreek
__________________

__________________
Dakota C Creek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kirtland, OH
Posts: 227
Made a U shaped wooden piece for the 3 door residential fridge. It loops through the door handles and drops down through the freezer door handle. Virtually fool proof. Could have sold dozens to Cedar Creek' ERs at campgrounds.
__________________

__________________
William & Sara
2012 Silverado 2500 HD DA
2014 Cedar Creek 38CK
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsilver View Post
Made a U shaped wooden piece for the 3 door residential fridge. It loops through the door handles and drops down through the freezer door handle. Virtually fool proof. Could have sold dozens to Cedar Creek' ERs at campgrounds.
How about posting a picture, might help some folks here for a idea, thanks
__________________
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:33 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
JohnF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 499
We use the strap that came with the fridge and are having no problems with it.

John
__________________
Ohio
2016 Cedar Creek 36ckts
2015 Ford F-350
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #25
Global Nomad
 
Scheinin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: In my 36CKTS 5th Wheel
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
We use the strap that came with the fridge and are having no problems with it.

John
Unfortunately, no strap came with the fridge. Will have to look to buy one.
__________________
Steven J. Scheinin
2015 RAM 3500 4X4
6.7L CTD Dually pulling a
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS


Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:09 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 2,833
This is the strap I fixed for the refrigerator. I also have one that holds the recliners together and one for the dining chairs Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471784844.330752.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	117951Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471784894.155149.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	117952


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Jim34RL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Oswego il
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
Unfortunately, no strap came with the fridge. Will have to look to buy one.
What refrigerator did you receive with your camper? Did you get the 18 CU FT model or the three door 20 CU FT model and or the RV 13 CU FT gas/electric model. Each one is secured with different method to lock the door in the close position while you travel.

On my 18 CU FT fridge there is a star screw with about 2 to 3 inch long shaft that is screwed in between the upper and lower doors, that will contain the doors closed if screwed in all the way. The star wheel could be larger in diameter but it is adequate to secure the door if it is screwed in tightly.

On the 20 CU FT fridge I believe there is a strap that is used to secure the three doors. For the 13 CU FT RV gas/electric model I believe the door handles have a device that locks them in the close position when they are closed. At least this was the way my old RV fridge operated.

So you need to specify what model of fridge you have when you make a statement that I did not receive a strap!
__________________
Jim W.
2016 34RL CC; 2008 Ram Mega Cab 2500HD, 6.7L, 68RFE 6 speed, 4X4, Smarty S67, 100K+miles
Jim34RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
What refrigerator did you receive with your camper? Did you get the 18 CU FT model or the three door 20 CU FT model and or the RV 13 CU FT gas/electric model. Each one is secured with different method to lock the door in the close position while you travel.

On my 18 CU FT fridge there is a star screw with about 2 to 3 inch long shaft that is screwed in between the upper and lower doors, that will contain the doors closed if screwed in all the way. The star wheel could be larger in diameter but it is adequate to secure the door if it is screwed in tightly.

On the 20 CU FT fridge I believe there is a strap that is used to secure the three doors. For the 13 CU FT RV gas/electric model I believe the door handles have a device that locks them in the close position when they are closed. At least this was the way my old RV fridge operated.

So you need to specify what model of fridge you have when you make a statement that I did not receive a strap!
This screw is also great when not using the fridge such as winterizing. With the doors open, screw in the star screw. This will prevent the doors from closing all the way while in storage.
__________________
2015 GMC Denali 3500 4X4 Duramax
2015 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
grumpyoldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 2,833
I cross threaded the screw and so my strap works now


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 462
Our CC 2014 29RE has a metal frame with heavy duty plastic Top & bottom.....Store them at home overhead in my workshop...I think they are only good to keep out the rain!!!!!!!!....J
__________________

__________________
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cedar creek

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.