Old 10-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #11
Just call FR and get it taken care of. Why drag this out. Most of these issues are an easy fix for the factory. It's a shame that dealers are so short sighted as to not take care of a customer. It shouldn't have left the dealer like it did but this is all fixable stuff. Call FR today and get this behind you.

Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:26 AM   #12
Just be glad you dont own a Heartland. Fellow camp host bought a new Heartland in February. It was in the shop the whole month of Sept with rotten floor. Turns out Heartland punched a hole in one of the holding tanks causing the floor to disintegrate. And they are full timers. Problems happen, it is how the mfg takes care of those problems that matters. BTW, local dealer putting you at the bottom of the service list is totally industry norm if you did not buy from them.

donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #13
This is a problem with the entire industry all they do is blame each other. Dealers say the manufacturer won't pay for repairs or send parts, or manufacturer says it's not there problem they didn't make part.
Well I feel if you build a product with parts you won't stand behind that doesn't say much for you.
The other problem is there is only a few suppliers the provide the junk parts, but even most of them seem to be owned by just a couple of corporations.
In the end they all seem to be getting rich and doing very well selling products to us that don't hold up.
Cedar Creek has taken care of most of our problems but now the frame has failed and they say it's not there problem go to Lippert so I did and after six weeks of pictures and estimate to repair they said I should call insurance company. Well just my too sense.
Jscribner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:43 PM   #14
Call the factory!!!!!! We ordered a new 2009, the dealer was a jerk and those are simple, "nice", word's. We used a dealer in Elkhart, IN and after we took it, stay in the area for a short while. When to the factory, told them what problem's we were having, and they said bring it over, we did. They corrected everything, PLUS. We have taken it back to the factory for other service work and they have bent over backwards. taking care of us, even way past any warranty period. Call Cedar Creek Customer Service (260) 593-4000, speak with Denise Davis or Justin Day, that's what they are there for Justin or Denise are both easy to work with!!! They will make it right!! Another point made in earlier posts, there is NO RV manufacturer that make the "perfect" unit, no matter how much you spend.

Hope this helps and God bless,
Mike and Judy
Wherever we are parked is our home
2009 - 36RD5S
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #15
For what it's worth Cedar Creek has been very good to work with. I had a Wildcat that was a Polecat, FR made it and I got no help from Wildcat but Cedar Creek has been great. When I trade it will be for a 36CKTS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #16
From what I can tell I would agree Cedar Creek is not to bad to deal with. I would buy another do to the fact you really can't get better components and they take care of customers better than most.
Jscribner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:39 AM   #17
I will also jump in and say contact the factory, ours is a 2010 and they have been great it fixing things, for us, even when they were self inflicted issues ( minor self inflicted) and also design issues, I am sure your tune will change towards them if you contact them
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:58 PM   #18
I'll jump in, too. We had a lot of concerns about our 2009 unit, and the factory has fixed absolutely every single one, and then some! They found things they weren't satisfied with. What more can anyone ask? A perfect unit? Sure, in a perfect world. When you have a company that stands behind their product, forever (it seems), this is as good as it gets. You have gotten a lot of feedback and advice here, so let us know what steps you've taken (did you call the factory yet? did they offer you any help?). If you are in Ohio, you are fortunate to be in some proximity to the factory! We know people who have gone there from all over the U.S. and Canada, and there is not one in our RV club who went to or through the factory who isn't singing the praises of Forest River AND Cedar Creek.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #19
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
As I mentioned in first post get with FR factory and take it in. Your not that far and sounds like you are hesitant to do. They will make it right. Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #20
X3 on taking it to the factory.

Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote