Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #21

Taking it to the factory is easier for some than others. "Just take it to the factory" could be... (and would be for me)... a long, expensive trip, and I'd rather go somewhere I want to go than screwing around trying to get a new unit into the condition it should have been in when I got it. FR needs to be taken to task for this kind of crud.

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #22

schrederman

I agree my friend, 100%

Old 10-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #23

Gee, thanks for all of the replies. I really wasn't expecting this much response. Anyway, I'm not reluctant to take our Creek to the factory. In fact I requested to do that very thing when so many issues came up and I contacted Cedar Creek warranty/service. I was told they don't bring them back to the factory unless there's an issue they don't think a dealer a dealer has the ability/expertise to handle. They didn't think it was so in our case. This is before we had or noticed the water coming in the slideout. Shortly before my original post here about this I had contacted my selling dealer and salesman who put me in contact with the Cedar Creek rep(he's a sales rep) who then told me he'd contact Mr. Oliver at Cedar Creek, gave me Mr. Oliver's email, and said I should follow up his call to Mr. Oliver with an email and list of our issues. My email was forwarded to the east coast warranty/service rep Harry Sears. A couple hours later I have a pretty pleasant conversation with Mr Sears who then authorized an independent local dealer(All Pro) to perform the work needed and followed up with an email containing all of his contact info and advised all parts would be supplied, no charge, and labor paid for. Well, They've been down that road before and it didn't end well with the customer having to pay the bill and then seek to be reimbursed, which took several months. So,,, I'm back on the road in my truck(without the Creek in tow) to personally talk to a couple of local Forest River dealers. Previously, when I called them both I was told it would be months before I could be worked in their schedule. Not much different this time either at the first one, but the second dealer, who's an actual Cedar Creek dealer, was able to schedule us for Oct 26. I'll settle for that. So now we feel we're moving in the right direction. By the way, Harry Sears also told me bringing our Creek back to the factory is really for unresolved issues at the dealer level as they only have one service bay and it's booked up until next spring. I do appreciate Forest River's quick response to us and their willingness to be involved. So for now until our appointment, We'll wait and I'll keep up with "visual troubleshooting" to find the source of the water intrusion. I'm a maintenance oriented person and can't stand to have "broken" things so a couple items I'll be able address myself.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #24

Document,

Take pictures and document everything. Get the dealer and the factory on the same page. Stick to your guns.

Identify what the solution is.

For what it's worth, I went with cedar creek after 6 months in another FR product and the Silverback was light years better constructed.

The dealer bought back my Wildcat at the full price I paid and substantial dollars off the Silverback.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #25

Ok, I'm a bit confused. In your last post you said, " My email was forwarded to the east coast warranty/service rep Harry Sears. A couple hours later I have a pretty pleasant conversation with Mr Sears who then authorized an independent local dealer(All Pro) to perform the work needed and followed up with an email containing all of his contact info and advised all parts would be supplied, no charge, and labor paid for."

It sounds like you are taking it to a different dealer on Oct. 26th. Am I misreading something or are you going to All Pro?
Old 10-12-2015, 04:49 PM   #26

Yes. I'm taking it to a different dealer.... No more phone calls to the local dealerships. I went in person, face to face, letter(printed email from Mr. Sears) in hand, and spoke with the service techs at 3 local rv dealers. All Pro refused to honor the letter and would only perform the work if I paid for it and then sought reimbursement directly from Forest River. All Pro has been down that road before and was stiffed(their term) by Forest River, the customer had to pay the repairs, then it took him 3 months or so to be reimbursed. So,,, a local dealer, who not only is a Forest River dealer but also a Cedar Creek dealer, after talking face to face with their service writer, agreed to schedule us in on the 26th. In my previous phone conversation with them about 4-6 weeks prior, there was no way to get an appointment in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe they actually were backlogged with service appts. Maybe the face to face with the service writer got me in. Anyway, hopefully we're on the road to getting our issues resolved. What's most upsetting about this is the Cedar Creek line of fifth wheels, at the time it was built, represented the top Forest River fifth wheel product, the best they had. Our model has problems due to sloppy workmanship. There's no other way for me to describe it. My phone conversation with Mr. Sears was pleasant. He was professional. And he seems eager to get this behind us. But he may have to convince my wife we have a product worth keeping as she is looking at other fifth wheels.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #27

Mobil,
I hope you can get all of the problems resolved in a timely manner. Since I am planning on ordering a 36ckts later this year, please let us know how things develop. Hope the wife will give the dealer a chance to make things right for you both. From the research I have done seems like the CC is a quality unit.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #28
Site Team

Mobil- I had a ton of issues with my Sabre. I was back and forth to the dealer with major issues. I took matters into my own hands and called the factory. They tried to decline bringing my trailer back but in the end agreed. The first trip to the factory had a list of 42 issues including slide issues. Every one of my four slides has had major issues. I have had holes punched in a propane line by a Slide out of alignment, seals ripped off and more. First trip did not fix everything. I told them I wanted a new trailer. Next thing I knew I was dealing with the program developmental manager. He arranged for a second trip to the factory. More issues were addressed. It came back still not right. Finally, I went with the trailer to the factory rally. They spent the whole week working on it at the rally. It is now functional. The first 2 trips to the factory, forest river paid a driver to take it to and from the factory for me. After the second trip, I got new rims and tires free. They will make it right but it will take time and climbing the ladder a bit. Don't take no for an answer. Take it yo the factory and watch it get fixed. Make sure it is fixed yo your satisfaction before accepting the unit back.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Mobil- I had a ton of issues with my Sabre. I was back and forth to the dealer with major issues. I took matters into my own hands and called the factory. They tried to decline bringing my trailer back but in the end agreed. The first trip to the factory had a list of 42 issues including slide issues. Every one of my four slides has had major issues. I have had holes punched in a propane line by a Slide out of alignment, seals ripped off and more. First trip did not fix everything. I told them I wanted a new trailer. Next thing I knew I was dealing with the program developmental manager. He arranged for a second trip to the factory. More issues were addressed. It came back still not right. Finally, I went with the trailer to the factory rally. They spent the whole week working on it at the rally. It is now functional. The first 2 trips to the factory, forest river paid a driver to take it to and from the factory for me. After the second trip, I got new rims and tires free. They will make it right but it will take time and climbing the ladder a bit. Don't take no for an answer. Take it yo the factory and watch it get fixed. Make sure it is fixed yo your satisfaction before accepting the unit back.

That's the best advice you will get on your issue.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:41 AM   #30

I like the idea of taking the unit to the factory if possible to get the issues resolved. I have a 2013 CC 36 CKTS and we have had a number of issues which are too lengthy to list. I did work with the factory reps on a number of issues and they were very responsive and helpful. I have done the majority of the repairs myself and those that I have had done by my nearby dealer have been time consuming (weeks to replace ceiling panels) and the trailer has been returned with other items not repaired or incorrectly repaired. I understand that the unit is mostly supplied components assembled by Forrest River. They, like each of us, are at the mercy of the component manufacturer. Having said that, I don't feel FR puts enough emphasis into QC review of the components it uses. One example is the cabinetry. All of the glass in the doors and the mirrors in the closet had to be re-caulked because the compound the manufacturer used did not adhere to the wood frames. Two broken mirrors and several loose door glass panels later, I replaced the broken and loose panels with the correct caulking compound. This is just one example. The list goes on and on and makes one apprehensive each time you travel. My point is, closely review every component operation, refer, lights, switches, valves, electronics, wiring, etc., etc. and if you have the opportunity, take it back to the factory and have them fix it while still under warranty. If not, prepare yourself for a lot of trailer work! Hope you and others with the same plight get the resolution you deserve.

2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote